We came from san lucas de toliman and stayed two night at this hotel posade de santiago. What a place! All the rooms are little house, built on the site of a small mountain. Everything around those houses was an oasis of flowers, plants , trees and birds. I was laying in a hammock and a hummingbird was next to my ear. Increadible!. The staff is very friendly as is the owner too. The food... So fresh, taste like a five star restaurant. On the other side off the street is the pool, sauna and an other area to sit and to eat. The view is the lake, i was sitting at the boatlanding at 6.30am to enjoy the peace, beauty of the lake with the local fishers in front off me. A paradise on earth! Hope i can come back again .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan