I stayed here for a night on a side trip to Santiago from Santa Cruz. The hotel is on the edge of the town. I walked here, but I recommend taking a boat or a tuktuk. First of all, the hotel is amazing for the price. The rooms is clean, the garden is well maintained and healthy. The restaurant is very relaxing and serves great continental foods.
The best part is the pool area across the street. You can enjoy hot tub late at night with millions stars in the sky. They also have a sauna in the same area.
The owner of the place is also very helpful. He helped me negotiate a boat back t Santa Cruz for a reasonable price.
I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan