When I was in the Peace Corps in Guatemala, I dreamed of staying at the Posada. Twenty years later, I did, and it lived up to all my fantasies of heaven on Lake Atitlan. Lake Atitlan is a very special place for me, and the Posada is a very special place to stay. Traveling alone, I stayed in one of the Orchidea rooms, which was delightful with lots of hot water (solar heated), comfy bed, outside hammock on beautiful garden. Great gardens. The cottages are for another dream fulfillment! The food in the restaurant is delicious, fresh, gourmet dishes, excellent coffee, full bar. There is no better view than from the bar/pool area on the lake edge, watching the light changes. David, the owner, is gracious and the staff helpful, efficient, friendly. I'll shall return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan