“Great Hotel in Panajachel!”

Porta Hotel Del Lago
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a phenomenal time in Porta hotel Del Lago!

From the moment we checked in, Anna Maria (hotel manager) as well as Erik Marcellino (Sales Director) made sure we have all we need and that we're completely satisfied.
Rooms are nice and the view is fantastic! Restaurant is great- we enjoyed it for breakfast and dinner and the pool is beautiful.

Location-wise- nothing can beat it!

Before we left, Anna Maria and Eric gave us farewell gifts...

I haven't seen such a level of service elsewhere!

Great job!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view overlooking the lake...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Raphael B
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Porta Hotel del Lago. We are pleased that you had a great time, our mission is to exceed your expectations and we are very pleased that you give us these comments.
Customers like you make us improve every day, we appreciated all your valuable comments during your stay.
It gives me pride and pleasure to share your lovely comments with my colleagues and Erik.

Greetings to your family

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Porta Hotel Del Lago for 8 nights. We found the hotel to be clean, well maintained. All the employees were very pleasant. Sandra was great at making omelets and at coaching us in our Spanish skills. We took advantage to walk through the street shops. Additionally we took a boat ride across the lake and stopped to shop there as well. We were very pleased with our stay and would recommend Porta Hotel Del Lago to others.

Room Tip: Choose an end room for best view of the lake and for quietness... although all rooms have a great vi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike H
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Mike H
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Porta Hotel del Lago. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It gives me pride and pleasure to share your lovely comments with Sandra.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

First off I found it hard to make a decision on a hotel. No hotel seemed to be well located and have great ratings. The Porta hotel is well located and all rooms have lake views. The hotel is off the main noisy street, Santander, but close to it. The hotel is quite tired and the restaurant is pricey, but there is free so-so Wifi in the lobby and laundry service plus plenty to do for younger kids. Many US missionaries were there during our visit. My son loved the Bball. The main port or boat launch area is still a tuk-tuk away. It was tough to figure that out as you get bombarded with boat offers as you approach the water. If I were to do it again, Hotel Atitlan a bit further away still warrants a look.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Hexanik
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Porta Hotel del Lago. I do hope that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
Thank you so much for your comment on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Love staying at this hotel. The views of Lake Atitlan and the surrounding volcanoes are beyond compare. The friendly staff even took us to the roof so we could take pictures of the breathtaking views of the lake and volcanoes from the top of the hotel.
Our all inclusive package included all of our meals which were all delicious and all-you-can-eat! Guatemalan breakfasts were amazing but my favorite on the menu was their specialty hamburger - awesome!
The hotel, with beautifully manicured lawns, situated on the edge of the lake where you could rent a boat to crossover to the town of Santiago, take a walk on the paths along the lake, or a short walk to the main avenida where wonderful Guatemalan souvenirs abound made our stay at Porta Hotel Del Lago one of the great highlights of our trip to Guatemala.
Will definitely stay there again on future trips to Guatemala.

• Stayed: June 2014
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Paulglass
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Porta Hotel del Lago. We are pleased that you enjoyed the wonderfull view, food and gardens. It gives me pride and pleasure to share your lovely comments with my colleagues.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Really poor service. Tried to check in during check in hours, they said we had to wait and gave no explanation why. There was a problem with my bill, again they were unwilling to adjust it. The staff we generally unenthusiastic and apathetic. Impossible to get towels at the pool. My kids, however, loved the trampoline and pool and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. I will stay somewhere else the next time we visit Panajachel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mmdlbs
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear mdlbs
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I was sorry to read that certain parts of your stay in Porta Hotel del Lago did not live up to your expectations. I've shared your comments with our team about the unenthusiastic and apathetic attitudes.
Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The reason for a 1 star review is simple, I've never been in a hotel with such a bad service and policies. The thing that sent me off to write this review is that I needed something from my room and I had a friend that was with me. I asked him to go with me, but the security guard said "No visitors are allowed in the hotel". I repeat really bad service, I will never go back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear AloGonz
We truly apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us. Please be aware that we are going to work on weaknesses encountered on your most recent experience at Porta Hotel del Lago.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Loved this place ... the location was great, and the views to the lake and volcano amazing, though the cloud cover didn't lift for a very clear view.... A few minutes walk down to the lake edge to catch the boat to Santiago de Atitlan and walking into the town centre and all the little market stalls made this place very special. The hotel itself is a little tired, but the rooms very comfortable and the breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anzactravellers
AnaMariaH561, Gerente at Porta Hotel Del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Anzactrau

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Porta Hotel del Lago, we are pleased that you enjoyed the wonderfull view.

I do hope that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
Thank you so much for your comment on Tripadvisor!