“Big rooms, gorgeous pool and garden area.”
Review of Hotel Cacique Inn

and 1 more site!
Hotel Cacique Inn
Ranked #1 of 35 Panajachel B&B and Inns
Arizona
“Big rooms, gorgeous pool and garden area.”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Panajachel is the main tourist launching spot for Lake Atitlan. I really wanted to see the towns on the other side of the lake, and Panajachel is a good base for that. The Cacique Inn is close to the docks. (1 block or 4 blocks, depending which docks you're using.)
I was surprised how big my room was. Everything was clean and worked well. I had dinner in the restaurant one night, and the food was good.
My hotel owner in Guatemala City booked the room in Panajachel for me as a part of a package, so I don't know the specific rates.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jackson Heights, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed at Cacique Inn for a night in 2010 so when we planned another trip this Spring, I knew I wanted to come back. This hotel is very affordable yet super classy--it makes me feel like I've travelled back to Havana in its heyday, with leather furniture, huge art deco frosted glass sliding doors to the hotel rooms, and a very pretty pool area. For no extra charge, you can get room service and help lighting your fireplace. Nights can get cool with the mountain air and I highly recommend getting a bottle of wine and the excellent sun-dried tomato dip and eating in front of the fire!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
North Wales
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Very helpful staff ( particularly the manager / owner Emilio - whose good English made life easier for me ! ) , lovely gardens, pool area and bedrooms. Peaceful setting . Quick walk to the Lakeside and the town itself .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed at the Cacique Inn for three nights during a buying trip and enjoyed the large, comfortable rooms, good ventilation, relative quiet, good breakfasts in the restaurant, tropical landscaping and lovely pool. Meeting the owner, Adele, was a special treat. The hotel gave us easy access to the main street where we spend most of our time. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We stayed here while on a trip for Habitat for Humanity. The rooms were clean. The staff was great - they always had coca light stocked in their fridge for me. The owner and her daughter were a delight - along with their dogs. They kept the bar open late for us every night - we needed our gallo. We could easily and safely walk into the town. It was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2009
Hotel_Cacique_Inn, Manager at Hotel Cacique Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to let you know, for more than three years, the managment of our hotel has changed and thereby also changed many of our staff members. Since then, our focus has been to give our customers the best possible accommodation and service. If you ever visit again Panajachel, I invite you to visit us and see the changes we have made especially for you, our dearest guests. We hope you visit us soon and give us the chance to serve you once again, as you deserve!

Cacique Inn Management
texas
Reviewed February 24, 2009

THIS PLACE SUCKS. the staff stole about 100$ worth of toys ment for school kids. DONT STAY HERE!!!! I was on a global village trip for Habitat.

Stayed February 2009
1 Thank volunteer3
Dear volunteer3,

I want to issue you my sincerest apologies in the event you describe us in your comment. I would like to let you know, for more than three years, the managment of our hotel has changed and thereby also changed many of our staff members. Since then, our focus has been to give our customers the best possible accommodation and service. If you ever visit again Panajachel, I invite you to visit us and see the changes we have made especially for you, our dearest guests. Again my sincerest apologies, and we hope you visit us soon and give us the chance to serve you once again, as you deserve!

Cacique Inn Management
Coldwater,Mississippi
Reviewed August 15, 2005

One of the most pleasant and memorable experiences of our lives was our first over night stay in Panajachel.
We were (two couples) booked at the Cacique Inn. The hotel and all of the employees were wonderful. The rooms were large and very clean, with large sliding doors that opened onto one of the most beautiful gardens and large swimming pools, that you would ever want to see.
We were tired when we checked in and wanted to just relax, the bar was not open and when I ask when it opened, they sent our own private bartender and he served us at our table in the garden. I think that I experenced true peace and serenity for the first time, in that garden.
The food was as good as I have ever had and the service was Great.
Only one problem, you can't see the lake from the hotel.
We now pay twice as much and stay at the Posada de Rodrigo, so we can sit and look at the lake
I highly recomend this hotel. For the price, it is the best buy in Panachel.
MississippiJay