“Amazing!”

Paragliding Panajachel
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Panajachel
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Wow! I will be raving about our paragliding experience with Christian and Realworld Paragliding for years to come! It was our first paragliding experience and I must say it was beyond amazing and the best value for money for any activity we have done in Guatemala. You get to see the most spectacular views of Lake Atitlan and the volcanoes and you get to feel like you are literally flying. What I loved about my experience is Christian was so patient and such a great instructor. I was actually terrified about the idea (mainly the take off) and thought I may not be able to go through with it, but he explained everything and had a great ability to calm me down! And once we were up he kept making sure I was ok and that I was having a good time. My husband was off doing acro-paragliding on his first time, but I said that was not for me and I was happy just to cruise along nicely!! Christian explained what he was doing along way to make sure I knew what to expect. And he did a great job at being the paparazzi and taking awesome images of me and the Lake when we were flying! We were so lucky to have beautiful weather conditions, perfect for flying and perfect for viewing the breathtaking scenery. The take off and landing were perfect too. Christian explained how to land and it was my favourite part of the glide. It was so surreal coming down from the air and moving towards the ground. When we landed I didn't need to run or anything - I just simply put my feet to the ground and it was so smooth! I could not have asked for a better experience for my first time and I know what to expect next time, although Christian is so professional and so dedicated to his job and making sure you love your glide that the next instructor has some big boots to fill! Make sure you book a paraglide with Christian when you are in Pana!

2  Thank Ilovetravel098
"bucket list"
in 3 reviews
"tandem flight"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"motion sickness"
"weather conditions"
in 2 reviews
"best experiences of my life"
"lake atitlan"
in 41 reviews
"stephanie"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 13, 2013

So this review is 8 months overdue but I am still reeling about the awesome experience I had with Christian and Paragliding Panajachel. I first contacted Christian in August when my family was in Antigua to visit and we wanted to do something exhilarating. I called Christian and he said that day wouldn't do for a good trip. I called back the next day and it was the same thing. So I had to strike the idea for the time being. But since I was in Guatemala for another month I planned a solo trip back as I was determined to do it.

When I was in town once more and called up Christian, he literally dropped everything to get me up in the air. The first day we were facing a lot of the same, bad winds pushing down (which is fatal for paragliding) so neither of us wanting to die scrapped it again for the day. But the next day was my last opportunity ever. We got up at 9 and watched every hour for better winds. It wasn't looking much better but we decided to gear up, drive to the top of the mountain and see for ourselves. We got up there and the conditions were--thank the lucky stars--PERFECT! We got ready and launched for an hour-long flight on a gorgeous sunny day. We did loopty-loops and different aerials (all of which we caught me screaming on film).

Honestly this was the best activity I did in all of Guatemala hands down and I really appreciate Christian's dedication to get me up in the air. He was unconditionally professional, fun, safe, and dedicated to get me up in the air. Not to mention flying over Atitlán is BEAUTIFUL. Volcanoes circle around the lake and you are flying up next to the mountaints on the Panajachel side. Chrisitan also pointed out all of the towns around the lake. Paragliding is amazingly peaceful and an adrenaline rush all at the same time. It's what you make of it and Christian is there to help you do just that. He never pushed anything and always checked in to make sure I was enjoying myself. Can't speak any more highly of him and the experience. JUST DO IT.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A couple of Australian travelers recommended Real World Paragliding while having drinks at our hotel in San Pedro. I had never thought about paragliding before but my friends and I thought what the heck, where else are we going to do something like paragliding. We were so happy we went! The real world paragliding staff was so much fun, experienced, professional, and made my weary friend feel at complete ease. The view of the lake was breathtaking; what a life experience!

Also, a special shout out to Stephanie who was coordinating the paragliding trips. I had left my passport in Panajachel and Stephanie went above and beyond to retrieve it and send it to me in Guatemala City. Without her kindness, my trip surely would have taken a turn for the worst.

1  Thank JesKit
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my second time doing this there. The first time I was with Roger which was also a good experience but the weather wasn't as good so it was a short flight. This time Christian from Real World didn't think we would be able to go fly. He wouldn't take us up if we weren't going to get a full experience of at least 40 minutes in the air. Luckily the weather changed and 3 of us went up with his guys. Cost was $90, tried to get him down but he said the price was firm. Well worth it. They will do as many crazy moves as your comfortable with. Unfortunately even though they were fun I felt a little motion sick. If you like doing crazy spins in the air I recommend gravel before hand so you can really go for it. If you want a calm ride they totally accommodate that as well.