“BEST PLACE IN PANA (and perhaps in the world)”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Panajachel
Description: This is one of the most popular coffee shops in Panajachel especially with the ex-pat population. Run by Michael, he finds, buys, roasts, grinds, and serves the best beans in Guatemala! And then washes the dishes and loves every minute of it. We hope to meet you soon over a cup of coffee and hear your story!
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Yes, the rumors are true...the coffee is amazing! In addition to the amazing coffee, I've had the most delicious homemade cakes, pies, and brownies my taste buds have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. I DREAM about the carrot cake and I'm not even kidding...
The best part about Crossroads is that it feels like home and that's the simple truth. This isn't just an ex-pat place either... Mayans, Guatemalans, and gringos alike are always represented in Crossroads. As for Mike, he is a truly awesome and inspiring guy. He creates a friendship with every single person who walks into his cafe and you will not leave Crossroads without first hearing a crazy story or two! If you're like me, you might even leave inspired to the point of making some radical life changes.

Oh, another thing...the hours are CONSISTENT! And God bless because ya can't say that for every "top coffee shop" in Pana!

There are newer reviews for Crossroads Cafe

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I lived in San Marcos for a while in 2010 and I used to go across the lake to this spot for a cup of joe. Mike was always super friendly (he even helped arrange a nice hotel stay in another town on the lake for my friends and I on a kayak adventure!) and it was a great spot to meet people sitting around the bar. I also liked going and sitting by myself at the little table in the back and reading some of the interesting books they have on the shelf.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We heard this was the place to get coffee, some even said it was the best in Guatemala, so we had to try it. I couldn't agree more! The coffee was the best I've ever had. We ended up going almost every day possible. On our first visit, the owner, Mike, gave us a personal tour of his coffee storage and explained the process of how the beans get transported and then roasted/ready to grind and brew. Although we met some amazing people in Guatemala, Mike was one of the most inspiring and gracious. He was genuinely interested in making our visits as positive as possible, and he had some amazing life stories and advice. Even if you are only in Panajachel for an hour, this is a place you need to go!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Come for the coffee, return for the good people. Incredible coffee, definitely the best I've ever had, but what struck me most is the owner. Mike is the most friendly person I've ever met. He taught us everything that goes into producing his coffee and showed us as well, all because of a simple question. I can't wait to return! Oh, and his wife's home made pastries are to die for!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not only is the coffee good but you will not feel like a stranger when you walk through these doors! Oh and if you don't try their homemade cinnamon rolls then it's your loss as they are to die for! We love this family, especially after finding out that they were best friends with my brother-in-laws family. Small world. Just take a minute to get to known them and understand that it is a busy busy place. We took many pounds of coffee with us when we left