“Cute little coffee bar with average coffee”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Panajachel
Description: This is one of the most popular coffee shops in Panajachel especially with the ex-pat population. Run by Michael, he finds, buys, roasts, grinds, and serves the best beans in Guatemala! And then washes the dishes and loves every minute of it. We hope to meet you soon over a cup of coffee and hear your story!
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After reading many positive reviews, we hunt down cross rd cafe. It was very small but cute & warm atmosphere. The lady behind the counter was very friendly & service was quick! It was fill with expat & tourist as customers. However, I cannot say the cappuccino live up to the positive review's expectation. It was only ok, it was bitter & not creamy, & the froth was watery if that make sense. Its first time in ages i had to put sugar in my coffee to balance the taste. Taste very much like a homemade Nescafe kind of espresso coffee, not a professional barista coffee I was expecting. Although, to be fair, being an Aussie myself, we are spoiled by excellent barista serving spot on espresso coffee just like Italy,so may be its a matter of different standard. It is no doubt much better coffee than a bad coffee you get from hotels & restaurants, but its with regret to say it was far from deserving of its raving review it gets. It's only 'ok' coffee, not good coffee, sorry!

1  Thank Fairyland_Goddess

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Every tuk tuk driver I asked drove me over with no address required. Popular spot and after you indulge you will understand the the consistent crowd it gathers.
Buy a pound and get a cup on the house! Excellent sweet treats too!
Note they close afternoon for a siesta and reopen.Many times I waited with others sitting on the curb for it to open!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had been here before so I was just stopping in to pick up some beans to take home. Mike, the owner was busy roasting beans and let us go in and hang out with him for a bit and watch him at work. Great conversations and great coffee. Bought the award winning organic coffee hue hue I believe it was. Buy a bag and get a free house blend cup to go.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've had coffees and cupachinos atCrossRoads..both superb. They also have a selection of custom roasted and ground coffees. Excellent pastries as well.

1  Thank DuendeVisonAtitlan
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is what I picture as a real coffee house. He roasts and blends the beans in the back room, then makes the coffee up front. Great atmosphere and even better coffee.

4Pilgrims, Owner at Crossroads Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

I just want to thank you for your enthusiasm; it gives me purpose.
Hope you come back soon!
Mike