“THE place to stay in Pana”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jardines del Lago

Jardines del Lago
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Chicago, Illinois
“THE place to stay in Pana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is THE best place to stay in all of Pana. Beautiful views, perfect location. Nice rooms. We did take away and brought some food and wine to our room one night and sat on the balcony (try and get a second floor room!!!). Perfect dinner. Breakfast was included and was quite good. As for location, off the beaten path but really easy, quick access to everything including the busy shopping streets and the docks for trips to the other pueblos. Everyone on the staff was nice, polite and courteous. Did not have dinner in their restaurant so cannot comment on food other then breakfast. Five star experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allen R
Hoteljardinesdellago, Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We are delighted that your stay was to your liking and leave us comments encourage us to continue to strive to continue to meet our future guests and it's a shame that has not consumed in our restaurant because we have also a tasty meal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a beautifully located hotel, right on the lake with lovely gardens and wonderful views over several volcanoes. We had asked for room 201, and got it, but while passing room 204 we saw that it had a really large bed so asked to change. It was a very comfortable bed, too. They set up a buffet for breakfast the first morning; it was magical to sit outside in the sunshine with that great view. We booked a lake tour through the hotel, and the boat came to pick us up from the hotel's own pier.Wifi worked well, and was free. The staff were friendly and eager to please. Umbrellas were available for those wet afternoons.

Room Tip: Second floor. Room 204 has a huge comfortable bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank superhoops
Hoteljardinesdellago, Guest Relations Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Guests are kings, and thus deserve king beds!
Everybody gets these special attentions in Jardines del Lago, whether it's about choosing your room, having your breakfast, lunch or dinner wherever you want (restaurant, terrace or garden), and special attention when planning private excursions.
Thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on april 21, 2012 and I fell in love with Panajachel! This hotel is the best hotel with affordable prices, I traveled with my mother and sister and we loved the service, the rooms were very clean the garden was well kept. The breakfast was included when we paid the room and they have a buffet with delicious Guatemalan food. They treated us very good and always asked if we were comfortable or needed something. I will defininetly visit again soon. The view was the best! Look no more! Give this place a chance and I assure you won't regret it. :)

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Blanqs
Hoteljardinesdellago, Public Relations Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for such a nice review! Offering a great service to our guests is what we're renowned for and are very proud of it. We're all glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll visit us again soon!
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and loved it. The mattresses here are soooo nice, especially if you're used to what usually passes for a mattress in Central America. Between the amazing matress and lake breezes at night, we got the best sleep here. But we didn't come to Atitlan just to sleep, and the hotel was great for helping us arrange our daytime activities. From setting up transportation from the airport which included a visit to Iximche and a leisurely lunch, to giving us suggestions for visiting the neighboring villages on our own using the public lanchas, to arranging a visit to the Solola market and surrounding area, to booking our shuttle onward to Antigua, Salomon and Mauricio were our go-to guys, and always appeared genuinely happy to help. Thanks guys!

The location was fantasic, about two blocks from the main drag and three blocks from either of the public docks, but still secluded feeling. I love being able to walk everywhere, but I also love having peace and quiet at bedtime, and this place gave me both. I would add that breakfast was horrible, but the location meant that we had lots of options for good, inexpensive breakfasts nearby. Between the beds, the location, and the views this hotel was perfect for us, and an amazing value for the rates that they charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteljardinesdellago, Guest Relations Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
It's always a real pleasure for us to do our possible so that you stay is the best it can be! The only part I don't get is the breakfast part, given the variety of choice we offer. Anyway, we hope you'll have the opportunity to come to visit Pana again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very good hotel in a breathtaking environment. Very cozy rooms with lake view. Unforgettable sunsets, very well-maintained gardens.

• Stayed April 2012
Hoteljardinesdellago, Public Relations Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
We´re glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Wish you the best!
Manistee, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Wow! How pretty, friendly, and restful! Located right on Lake Atitlan, the hotel offered a very large garden/lawn area for rest and relaxation. The hammocks came in handy when we returned from the busy area of town and were tired. The staff was friendly, and the gardens were always being attended. We ate in the restuarant and outside a ouple of times. Meals were very good. Our room was attractive and large enough. The bathroom was just fine. We would certainly suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nanci S
Hoteljardinesdellago, General Manager at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you Nanci, it's always a pleasure to have such great reviews, it's the best way we can think about to reward our efforts!
Like you say, Jardines del Lago is a great place to rest: close to the centre but far away enough to be quiet, relaxing in the hammocks while enjoying a drink from the bar!
We hope you'll have the opportunity to come again.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

The grounds of this hotel are fantastic. Gardens are very pretty and the view from the hammock can't be beat. The bathrooms consistently have hot water with great water pressure. The bedrooms are very average. This seems to be the hotel to have parties at. I spent four nights there. On two days huge boats of college students pulled up to the dock and all the teens disembarked. One of the days they had a huge party on the lawn during the day. This would have been fine except all the hammocks were taken and their huge boat put up enormous (3ft) tall speakers and blasted music that I could hear in my room with my iPod on to drown out the noise. This went on all afternoon. Complaining didn't seem to make any difference. The next day they had a 1 year olds birthday party. Again the music was so loud you could hear it down on the dock as well as in my second story room on the opposite end of the hotel. This along with the birthday clown yelling in to a microphone went on for hours despite multiple complaints. Also, when I arrived I told them that I wanted to cancel my last night to leave early for Antigua. I was informed that it was non refundable. That seemed fair however on the day I left they didn't want to give me breakfast and wanted all of my stuff out of my room by noon even though I had paid for that entire night. My Guatemalan tour agency called and rectified this but it was unfortunate that we had a problem in the first place.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank GoodLori
Hoteljardinesdellago, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear guest,
I’m really sorry about this unfortunate experience with us. I must say, this is a first, because people usually come here to relax and enjoy a quiet moment in our gardens and hammocks. This is what this hotel is renowned for, not parties.

We usually try to plan events such as those (the students’ boats) when we know there will be no other activity in the hotel; unfortunately sometimes we have no choice but to combine different activities at the same time, however I assure you we’ll take much care next time, and advise our guests before their reservation, should such a party be planned. Regarding the birthday party and the clown, this should have never happened, the terms of the contract (music level and time) weren’t respected. We reinforced our restrictions so that this won’t occur ever.

As for the cancellation policy, the breakfast and time of leaving, this might come from a communication problem with your travel agency: we’re very clear on these points; check-out for example has always been at 13.00. If you wish to tell us what agency it is, we’ll take the time to call them and remind them about our services, so that it doesn’t happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your problems so that we can improve ourselves, and on behalf of the whole team, please accept our apologies for not having been able to resolve these inconveniences during your stay.
Kind regards