“Best Hotel Experience In My 68-Year Lifetime”
Review of Jardines del Lago

Jardines del Lago
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed January 6, 2012

During my life, I have travelled a great deal. I have visited 15 countries, and some countries numerous times. My experience at Jardines del Lago stands head and shoulders above all the hotels where I have stayed, and at a lower price than many hotels in Europe and Latin America. They have a beautiful facility with a world-class view. However, their biggest asset is their employees. I have never before felt as welcome and cared for. All their employees seem very proud of their jobs, and of the hotel. The gardener took time to show me how to propagate poinsettias. They had a New Years Eve Party that put to shame our New Years party last year in Barcelona. I could live happily in this hotel for the rest of my life.

Room Tip: Second floor, room 201. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shaberman
Hoteljardinesdellago, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardines del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! This is true that we are very proud of our location, but we are even prouder of the work undertaken by our staff to highlight it, from the gardeners who make the view incredible, to the waiters and their smile, and to the maids who make your rooms so comfy. Come back whenever you want!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Be right on the Lake a tad away from the bustle of the city but within walking distance. ( city can be noisey at night) Breakfast included which sometimes is a buffet if their visitor census is high enough. Clean rooms, comfortable beds/pillow. Air conditioned. Breakfast included. ( $65/double ) Great spot for peace, rest and views. They have family packages.

Room Tip: Away from dining room / ping pong. All face lake
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABLeever
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We booked through an agency from Antigua (Ruta Maya) and had an excellent price.Our room was on the second floor so we enjoyed a beautiful view of the lake and the volcanoes.The room was spacious and the bathroom very modern.We did not eat at the restaurant but coffee was excellent. The staff at the reception deck arranged for us a cruise to three villages around the lake. However, we took this trip at mid-day and the waves were high. Later I learned that it is recommended to take a cruise in the morning when the lake is calm. We plan to return to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jolanta_W
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. It is situated directly on the beach, a few minutes walk from the marina and the shopping street. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I missed the refrigerator. The garden is beautiful, the beach was just under construction. It is worth to go to San Antonio and Santa Catarina by boat from the marina. We climbed the San Pedro volcano in 3 hours. That tour was organized by the hotel. The volcano is rainforest-covered, but there is a beautiful view of the lake, and both the Atitlan and Toliman volcanos too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed in Jardines del Lago in May 2010 for two nights. If I would have known a place like this existed I would have stayed there the entire stay in Guatemala. We had already booked other hotels and we couldn't cancel. I know some people might think I am exagerating but until you stay in this hotel and see it for yourself you won't know. I have stayed in many hotels in my life and no other has had the service I have received in Jardines del Lago. The staff there is so willing to serve you hand and foot. I was treated better than when I stayed in the Waldorf. Julio, Francisco, Vicente, just to name a few that stand out, were so incredibly helpful. The beauty of these people's treatment toward me and my family was that it seemed like they truly cared. They helped arrange plans to everything and gave us insider secrets. We became friends with this staff and I can't wait to go back. For those like me who are afraid of eating during there stay I would recommend 100% the restaurant in the hotel. I ate breakfast lunch and dinner there and had no problems... Jose Felipe was an excellent cook. He created a masterpiece on our plates. The platters included edible botanicals. Overall Best Hotel stay ever!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2010

On our second visit to Panajachel we wanted to stay on the lake and found this hotel, close to the center, walking distance to shops and restaurants. It seems they have changed managment and were now called 'jardines del lago' . The hotel is an older building but was being fixed up, the rooms had been recently renovated and were spotless. The food was very good and the gardens on the lake were very relaxing. We plan on visiting again and would stay at this hotel. The price was US$50 for a room with king size bed. with breakfast included! Amazing views from the rooms!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We stayed at the Monterrey with a large group that had been in Guatemala as a surgery team from the U.S. The rooms are not elaborate but very clean, the staff extremely helpful. It is in a quiet section of town. It is an easy walk to the shops, restaurants. The view from the back of the hotel is exceptional -- the lake, volcanoes, mist over the mountains. We walked a very short distance and took a boat ride to some of the small towns around the lake for shopping and lunch. A wonderful place to relax after a very busy week. We plan on staying there again.

Stayed: January 2006