“Excellent for a Budget B&B”
Review of Mario's Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Mario's Rooms
Ranked #9 of 36 Panajachel B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Mario's rooms is really a cute place. The rooms and bathrooms were clean with relaxing hammocks outside the rooms. We had a second floor room with a volcano view. There is also cable TV on those days when you want to know what is going on back home. We paid about $25 dollars for a double a night with a small/simple breakfast and dinner. You do have to pay for our drinks and any extra you might want with our meal. They do have filter drinking water for guests. The host are friendly and helpful. For the price and location, this is a wonderful place. We paid more for places with questionable bathrooms and walls we did not want to touch traveling through Guatemala.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDTonya

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Mario Rooms and had a fantastic stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean, it's centrally located, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is surprisingly good. We travelled through Central America for 3 months and this was the best value place we stayed at. Paid a lot more for places nowhere near as nice. $25 for a good sized double room with ensuite, breakfast and lunch included.
Try the orange juice, one of the nicest we had on our trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Highly recommend! It’s a good value for your money. We not only got a very clean and well-kept room with bath, they also had free drinking water available and provided a free mini-dinner and breakfast each day. Good location, close to everything including the boat docks. We were very happy and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DosOchos
Reviewed March 19, 2012

A nice, clean hotel , friendly staff, breakfast and dinner included in the price of $25 for two,(not the best food,but not terrible either, and what do you want for this price) lots of flowers, lovingly cared for, highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Purplecat8104
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Thanks to hopefullist Tripadvisor for this and many other great ideas... Mario's was just right for enjoying Lake Atitlan area. We stayed 5 days here, room at the top/back with pleasant landing, windows, and mostly quiet (roosters of course, but they brought back farm boy memories). Simple and satisfying breakfast, safe water provided, wifi, and friendly staff. All of Pana just outside, and close to docks and cafes and tuktuks galore. A lively town, with Mario's as oasis of calm.

Room Tip: Upstairs at the back seem best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I moved from the Poseda des Volcanoes which has excellent reviews. I agree Francesco at the desk is more than helpful but to book a room on the 4th floor saying it had a view of the lake, when it only had a tiny view of the mountain, a balcony, yes outside the room and when I got there no hot water, no soap but yes a luxurious looking room. So I moved into Mario's Rooms which I had been recommended in antigua but having no email address I booked at the Poseda.
I had a room on the top floor and it was perfect in every way and the staff could not have been kinder. Wifi worked in my room which is more than it did at the Poseda so I highly recommend this house, especially if one is travelling alone. My room could have been a little small for two people.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank WidgeParis
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A decent budget option in Panajachel. They charged me a single rate for a room with a double bed and single bed. The bed was comfy and clean. The sheets are obviously well used (a little threadbare), as were the towels, but were definitely clean. The bathroom was clean and the shower was pleasant enough. Cable tv was advertised, but my tv didn't work. Wifi internet was free, but I couldn't always get reception in my room. Breakfast was provided for free, but didn't look very exciting so I went to Deli Jasmine for breakfast instead, which was amazing. Staff were friendly but didn't speak any English. The hotel is within easy walking distance of either dock, and is right in the middle of the touristy area of town, so very convenient. My room was towards the back of the hotel, so nice and quiet at night.

Overall, not the most amazing place I've ever stayed, but I was definitely pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panajachel
Hotel Utz Jay
#4 of 29 in Panajachel
Hotel Playa Linda
Hotel Playa Linda
#14 of 29 in Panajachel

Been to Mario's Rooms? Share your experiences!