“A lovely bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Jenna's B&B while on vacation in Panajachel. Jenna's place has a lovely peaceful atmosphere and she is very gracious and helpful. Her suggestions of where to go on the lake turned out to be our favorite parts of our trip. Breakfast was fantastic, and served in the garden under a pergola with hanging Clock Vine flowers. The room was very comfortable with beautiful bedding and the best shower I've personally had anywhere in Guatemala. Very good location too.

I would highly recommend Jenna's for couples, families, and maybe the backpacker who wants a treat. My friend and I are both young Americans living in Guatemala, and are accustomed to budget hostels, so for us staying at Jenna's was a bit of a splurge, but for those on a real vacation it's quite a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Not the fanciest place I have stayed at, but certainly the most comfortable. Jenna is the sweet relative you wish you had. You will feel like you are staying with family the entire visit. Jenna is a gracious host who is always willing to share whatever she has and make you feel at home. Our room and the entire B and B is chock-a-block with art and Guatemalan Artifacts of high quality. We slept under multiple hand woven blankets on a comfortable bed. Breakfasts are top notch home cooked served boarding house style in the backyard giving guests a chance to meet and exchange travel tips. The "lobby" (living room) also serves that purpose with drinks, books, comfortable furniture available. Jenna is a wealth of information and help for planning adventures about the lake and can help make calls to arrange matters. Drinks are available on a help yourself system at very low price. If you want to stay in what looks to be an American Hotel, don't stay here. If you want to feel at home and are not put off by narrow staircases and old furniture, this is the place for you. I travel to get away from America and this B and B succeeds in that end.

Room Tip: Our room (3?) was at the top of a narrow steep staircase. That might be dangerous if you have poor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterDeon
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have just returned from Panajachel where I stayed at Jenna's B&B. I found the place amazing. It is filled with interesting bits and pieces and very comfy. The breakfasts to start the day were great and varied. Jenna's is close to the dock for Santiago and a bit away from the centre of town but a very easy 5 minute walk.Jenna is very knowledgable so can answer all questions you may have on where to go and how to fill your day or do as I did.... I relaxed a lot in the lovely garden.The bed was very comfortable and the water was hot. Overall a great place to stay in Pana.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently returned from Guatemala and wanted to be sure we said a warm thank you to Jenna for her hospitality. The rooms were well appointed, clean and the water in the shower was perfectly hot!!! Now let's get to the breakfast... Jenna can cook (and sew and paint)!!! Homemade preserves, fresh baked breads, fruit, eggs, pancakes and fresh mango juice! mmm mmm mmm I loved the grounds and the view of the lake from the roof top patio. Sunsets were a highlight! Panajachel is a great hub for getting around the lake and Jenna's is very close to the dock. Jenna was very helpful in explaining how to get around as well as pointing us to the good spots to go. Thanks again for a very memorable time and tell Sammy the dog we miss him!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferA629
Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the moment I walked into Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, I was treated like family. Jenna sat me down and helped me plan my 4 days in Panajachel. It's in the perfect location - a short walk to all of the restaurants/shops and most importantly, the lake. The beds and pillows were INCREDIBLY comfortable. The sheets and towels were new and very soft. The rooms were perfectly clean. And the breakfast - don't get me started about the breakfast. Jenna prepared a fresh and delicious FEAST every morning with the most amazingly produce. I couldn't be happier that I chose to stay at Jenna's. THANK YOU JENNA.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good - each offers something unique.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rachel s
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a fantastic time at Jenna's B & B.
Breakfast was incredible, the rooms were really clean and tidy with fresh linen and towels.

Jenna was a great host and gave us plenty of local tips and advice. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay in Panajachel and use this as your launch pad around Lake Atilan.

3 cool little dogs too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just back from Panajachel after a night stay at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast. We had been there earlier also, almost 14 months back and could not stop ourselves from going back again. It would be appropriate to say that we went again more to be at Jenna's place and enjoy great food and atmosphere rather than visiting Panajachel itself. Jenna's place has moved to a new location near to the earlier one. But we loved it even more this time as the place was larger with bigger garden and lake view from the terrace, combined with great food and people to hang around. Recommend it without any second thought to everyone-single, couples, families, groups and for any occasion. Would love to visit again sometime :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family