“Best bed in central america!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I was the only one staying at Jenna's on my trip around central America in March.

Jenna cooked a wonderful breakfast each morning over which we had some lovely chats! She is a fantastic host who is always willing to help out or provide advice.

My room had an incredible bed which really helped make the place feel like a home away from home! Such a pleasant stay and there is so much to do in panajachel only a short walk or boat ride away.

I really cannot recommend this place enough. Jenna really has created a truly memorable and relaxing place!

• Stayed: March 2012
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for writing such nice things. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest here. Jennifer

Reviewed April 14, 2012

You really can't beat Jenna and her lovely home for outright enjoyment. There is comfort, beauty, privacy, proximity, and a hostess with the most--ess! The grounds and home are beautiful and bursting with charm and eclectic design. The location is steps from the lake and steps from the main road in town, but also perfectly private and peaceful. The best part of this property though, is Jenna, who runs not only a top notch kitchen but a graceful and friendly home that gives one a sense of calm and happiness. There are few breakfasts that can compare to this homemade feast and her dinners are not to be missed if you have a chance. I would have stayed longer if I knew how comfortable and enjoyable Jenna and her home would be. I will never forget my experience here. Just one of those special places in time and space that give you a feeling that all is right with the world. The beautiful artwork, wonderful friendship and stories, and meals for kings and queens make this a true gem. Also, you have a hostess who knows the area, some darling dogs, and a great nights sleep. Thanks so much for all you shared with us!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

In response, I can only say that the honour is mine to have had such charming and appreciative guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and only hope that one of these days you will be back in this area. The hard part in this business is making friends and seeing them leave. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Jennifer

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our week long stay with Jennifer was nothing short of incredible. The B and B's perfect location, comfortable beds, bountiful gourmet breakfasts, gentle and fun canine companions, and peaceful outdoor patio and garden made for great days in Pana. Jennifer was an amazing host...her knowledge of the area, creativity, and engaging personality added unexpected pleasures/surprises to our trip. After sampling her fantastic breakfasts, we arranged for Jennifer to prepare a special birthday dinner for our family of five, including our son and girlfriend who teach in Pana. What a HIT!!! Jennifer truly outdid herself. Highly recommended!

We are SO glad we decided to stay with Jennifer because she totally enriched our travel experience. Thanks, Jennifer and best of luck always.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I am delighted that you can look back and have good memories of your stay in Panajachel and the canines say thank you for you considerations as well. It was a pleasure to have you in my house as guests. I hope that one day you find your way back here again. Jennifer

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Probably one of the best BnB in the Atitlan!
Jennifer is very very friendly, she is definitly a world class cook (we ate all dinners at her beautiful dining room), she also have interesting stories to share. our kids loved being in the house and in the garden and she defently made our stay enjoyable. She also gave us recommendations on things to do in the area and we discovered amazing spots thanks to her! She also took us herself to two half day tours, which was fun and intersting.
The location is amazing and close to everywhere. The rooms are comfy and nicely decorated - I am sure you will feel at home. You will feel truly privileged to get to spend time there!
When leaving, you can’t stop thinking: “When are we coming back?!?” We miss you Jenifer:-) and Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Jenna makes this place a great and relaxing stay. You start the day in a beautiful dining room with a view of a lovely garden. She is a world class cook and she works hard to make your stay enjoyable. The location is perfect to the lake and the shops and it has a quiet seclusion as well.
This is one of those rare places that beats those "luxury hotels" in every way and it made for me and my wife to have a great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

It was a real pleasure to have you as guests. I certainly hope that you and your wife will be back in this area of the world again and thank you for such a wonderful review!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stop researching, look no further, THIS is the place to stay in Panajachel. Jennifer is one of those people who you will love the first time you meet her and hear her easy,hearty laugh. She has made her B&B so comfortable throughout, it's difficult to motivate yourself to leave for the day for your sightseeing, but when the day's over, there's nothing better than relaxing on the big comfy chairs amongst the tropical plants on her wraparound covered porch. And if Jennifer offers to cook you dinner, don't make the mistake of passing it up even if you're still full from her incredible breakfasts. She's probably also the best chef in town. Jennifer's place is reason alone to visit Panajachel!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank KendallWithACamera
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Goodness Gracious!!! I don't know what to say except that I'm very glad you enjoyed staying here. It was my pleasure to have you in my house. For me, the whole idea of a bed and breakfast is to have a place where people can just step in and feel at home. I'm glad you felt comfortable here.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We spent a couple of days at Janna's B&B, longer than we planned because of Janna's hospitality, her personality, the art and Janna's fantastic cooking. Janna intorduced us to great people around Panajachel who made our trip much much more exiting and interesting. Janna sent us to the best places around the lake and her advise were the best.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michal18
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Hello. I am very pleased that you were happy in my bed and breakfast. I would be interested in your opinion as to how I can improve the room and sleep quality as I see that those did not come up as high as the other points. I do take note of what my guests' opinion is and try to improve the quality of their stays.
Thank you for do a review and I sincerely hope that you will be in this part of the world again and staying with me of course.
Jennifer