“Beautiful Peace”

Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Lake Atitlan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My stay at La Laguna was heaven on earth. Food was excellent, staff were attentive but not invasive and the setting was amazing. I am going back again shortlyy and would recommend it to everyone needing some peace and quiet, fantastic views, food and accommodation. It was a very exceptional time for me and the that knowledge I gained and the treatmenst I had were wonderful. My next trip will be just as good as my first and probably even better. Go and try it. it is worth it. No TV, no phones, no traffic or sirens. Absolute bliss.

Room Tip: Half way up for views and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
TOSALL, Owner at Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello Jean! Thank you for gifting yourself with the full and stunning beauty that is TOSA La Laguna! We are so grateful to have such a perfect and private location at Lake Atitlan. Unlike all the other lake hotels we offer true peace and yet are just a boat ride away to any other lake activities. We are happy to see you again so soon and will do our absolute best to insure your second visit meets or exceeds your first.

There are newer reviews for Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Friendly staff. Nature at its best-mountain, lake and star-filled sky. Super delicious meals. totally relaxing best spa services ever. Lovely accommodations. Great in every way. I never knew OSS-grid living could be so good.

Room Tip: Mayan suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hello Jean! We smile at your review as we are always delighted when people discover that you can be 100% off-grid and earth friendly without compromising quality and luxury! Thank you for noticing and we agree, the meals and spa are amazing! As is of course the stunning natural beauty of Lake Atitlan and our protected nature reserve. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Two lovely men, Feliciano and Daryl met us at the airport in Guatemala City with the Tosa shuttle. Both were genuinely kind and caring. I knew we were in good hands.

The drive was interesting for me in that I had not often travelled the picturesque back way to Lake Atitlan. Upon arriving in San Lucas Toliman a short trip by lancha brought us to Tosa. I looked ahead and could see buildings and footpaths built into the cliffside all the way up the side of a mountain. I was a little doubtful.

Were the foot paths and domes arranged so as to heighten one's awareness? If so, those details worked, for me, at least. It only took one trip up to our gorgeous dome to get over my initial apprehension and settle into the bliss and enchantment that is Tosa.

Lucien and Lira were magnificent. We got a welcoming foot massage and a nice drink, Lucien's cooking was wonderful. We both had the special Avesa treatment which is well worth it. It was a wonderful way to begin our trip to Lake Atitlan.

I thank Paula who recommended this to us. Kudos to the owners.

Room Tip: Choose the dome, I think it is called Zen.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Greetings Daphne! Thank you for your kind review and sharing. Yes, the Zen dome is a very special place to stay as are all of our domes that dot the mountainside. We always do our best to make sure that every inch of TOSA La Laguna is safe and welcoming and are delighted you found it to be that way. We have placed much attention on the Avesa spa and the quality of our 100% organic Guatemalan artisanal products and the training of our staff. Please feel our heart-felt appreciation for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

La Laguna was beyond expectations. I could not have asked for anything better. I look forward to returning once again. The dinning was exceptional, and the staff offered service with a smile. The overall experience was awesome in every way.

Room Tip: My friends and I all had beautiful rooms with fantastic views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Raymond! We are delighted you enjoyed the service and the meals. Creating unique meals with great flavors is always a treat for us and our entire staff appreciates your sharing. We look forward to seeing you again as well. With much appreciation!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

To celebrate my retirement, I gave myself the gift of travel to Guatemala! I was looking for a place that would "call" to me. A place where time would melt away and I could "let go" and find a "new" or should I say, a "part of me" I had almost forgotten! When I saw the great reviews about Tosa La Laguna, and saw the beautiful pictures I was intrigued. When I spoke to "Kat", who was so genuine and reasurring,I knew Tosa was for me! I was met at the airport by Feliciano, (with his TOSA sign) who then took us to Lake Atitlan, and the Tosa La Laguna boat. We were personally greeted on arrival and welcomed with a refreshing beverage! ( I felt pampered already!) The "casita" rooms were unique,comfortable and gave one private views of the lake. Exceptional staff,provided delicious and creative vegan cuisine,and great spa treatments like facials ,massage and steam...What I loved most was to swim in the exquisite lake, relax, melt into the sunset, and journal to my content! Tosa, where time melts away!

Room Tip: For even more pampering, gift yourself with extra luxury and request "the Royal Suite"...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TOSALL, Owner at Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Hello!
We agree that time does indeed melt away while at TOSA La Laguna, as a matter of fact one of the most common parting comments we hear is how so many people wish they had booked a longer visit. Thank you for gifting yourself with the time to fully relax, and rediscover yourself. We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had the delight to spend time at TOSA La Laguna in December. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised on all levels.The location on the lake is amazing and the view from the room was great. Wonderful panoramic views of the lake, mountains and volcanos. Before I arrived, I hadn't thought about having any spa services, but once there, had a massage and ozone chamber treatment and glad I did. Both were great. I only had a couple of days, so didn't get a chance to explore some of the other possibilities that sounded interesting.

The staff was friendly and attentive. We had an issue with the water at one point, but it was corrected immediately and with smiles. The food was good and the sunset dinner views from the deck amazing. The lake there is perfect for swimming, though I spent more time in the kayak. Great relaxation place and I will be considering it again for next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TOSALL, Owner at Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

HI Anton, We are so grateful that you were able to relax and enjoy some of the unique experiences we have available at TOSA La Laguna. We agree that the views are for sure amazing and even while in the Ozone steam chamber you can enjoy the full majesty of the lake! Many of our guests find that kayaking on Lake Atitlan is a wonderful experience and we are glad you did too. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

TOSA La Laguna is a special place to reconnect with the sacredness of life, all while staying a one of the most beautiful places on the planet. The accommodations are very peaceful and fulfilling, and the food you can tell is made with love and integrity. I've been to TOSA La Laguna twice as of this writing, and each time the effects of my visit have transformed my life is very positive ways, many of which are still unfolding. I know I will visit many more times over the course of my life, and I am grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Room Tip: As this is a "vertical" retreat center/spa, make sure you have the capacity to make the wa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
TOSALL, Owner at Kaalpul Atitlan Eco Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello Wendy, It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to TOSA La Laguna and we appreciate your kind words and sharing. TOSA La Laguna is most definitely a one-of-a-kind experience and we strive to offer each person a customized stay to achieve their personal goals while on site. We look forward to seeing you again.