“A fun and unique diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ati Divers

Ati Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI dive centre on Lake Atitlan, offering a unique dive experience. No coral reefs or tropical fish, instead see freshwater fish, crabs, plants, volcanic hotspots and rock formations. Fun dives for certified divers, learn to dive with the PADI open water courses or even take the PADI Altitude Specialty. Based at La Iguana Perdida, in front of the dock at Santa Cruz.
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A fun and unique diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Finally, on my 3rd visit to Lake Atitlan, I took advantage of diving with ATI Divers. It made for a great morning and and amazing experience.

My sister had just completed(and loved) her OW certification with Andy(ATI's friendly, calm and very knowledgeable dive instructor) and so we decided to do a fun dive together. Plus, I wanted to experience a high-altitude lake dive....

We dove at a spot called Agua Caliente, where we followed a fault line down then got to stick our hands in the hot silt, warmed from steam vents. It was really cool to see the under water topography and feel the different temperatures of the mud. As the dive went on we worked our way into shallower water where we saw fish and a few crabs.

I love diving and being in the water, and I really loved how this dive was so different than any other one I have ever done. No, you are not surrounded by schools of tropical fish and coral, but what you get is a truly unique dive in a beautiful lake surrounded by volcanoes. I say take advantage of this one of a kind experience...and when you finish be sure to relax in a hammock at La Iguana Perdida!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank kelkal

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to get certified”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

ATI Divers was an excellent place to receive my certification. Andy runs a very professional dive school and throughout the training I felt well informed of everything we were doing. Small group sizes meant he could always keep a close eye on me to ensure everything was going smoothly and that I was performing the necessary skills correctly, while still being able to see some really interesting underwater formations, fish, crabs and hot water vents. Best of all, I felt safe every step of the way. Andy was very patient and made sure the pace of the classes was kept to an appropriate pace for all participants, never hurrying anyone through any of the skills.
Doing the course in July meant the visibility was limited, but that didn't take away from what was a great experience.

Visited July 2012
Roatan, Honduras
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Would definitely recommend for a great lake diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

On arriving in Santa Cruz on Lake Atitlan, I came across ATI divers and decided to go for a couple of dives on impulse. As a working dive professional myself, I am quite sensitive to other operations' take on customer service, safety, equipment and atmosphere in the dive shop. ATI divers were absolutely great on all counts.

The staff, Andy and Alison, were friendly and laid back but extremely professional. They had all the correct paperwork, their dive briefings were thorough and knowledgeable. The equipment was well maintained (not to mention the most awesome wetsuits known to man!). The boat captain stays on site during the dives (it's not a long ride to the sites), and they had the relevant safety equipment to hand (spare equipment, O2 and extra weights). Due to the remoteness of the location and the altitude, they keep the group sizes small, and the dives appropriately conservative.

Diving in a lake at altitude is obviously very different to tropical ocean diving, but it was absolutely not a disappointment in any way. The Aguas Calientes dive site (where you look for pockets of heat in the lake bed) was the absolute highlight. All diving is done in the morning, and surface intervals are done back at the shop, where you get a chance to warm up. La Iguana Perdida (the hotel/hostel the shop is attached to) also does good food, both breakfast and lunch.

The staff were friendly and available afterwards for any questions and log book guidance. They also had the option of paying with credit card/paypal, which is convenient if needed. An all around good experience, would definitely go again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank invadedbyiceland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Thankful to be certified with ATI!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

I am so thankful I chose to be PADI Open Water certified with ATI! For the best price in the world I received private instruction by an excellent, kind and very experienced dive instructor, Andy Morgan. The dives were fascinating, Lake Atitlan is most beautiful and impressive below its surface. I would definitely dive here again!

Visited November 2011
Lake Atitlan
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Professional outfit, excellent instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have been PADI certified for 22 years, and signed up for a "fun dive" at ATI divers. I was suprised at the professionalism of this outfit run by Andy. Even with my experience, Andy wanted to insure I was familiar with high altitude diving. I have been on too many dives where the dive masters do not care about the health and safety of their customers. This is not true of ATI divers. They will take great care of you, and teach you new things about diving and the underwater world of Lake Atitlan

Visited December 2011