“This satisfies your primal urges”
Review of Hacienda Real

Hacienda Real
Cuisines: Latin, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An icon in Guatemala for more than 20 years. We offer the most delicious steaks in the country in a unique and beautiful ambiance That reacreates the colonial haciendas of latin america. Let our excellent staff serve and pamper you in a unique eating experience. A true delight for all the senses.
Miami, Florida
“This satisfies your primal urges”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you are a vegetarian this is not the place for you, however if you want to eat meat and satisfy those meat eating desires we get then this is one good place. It's location in Zone 10 is within walking distance of most of the major hotels, it has a well lit and guarded parking lot if you drive there. The staff is professional and courteous, I've never had to wait to be seated and once you're at your table the waiter is going to bring you a cup of this warm broth with a nice cilantro flavor. I always have the ribs there because I like them, my friend had a steak. The meals come with a baked potato and corn on the cob. They do have a full bar if you want a cocktail. I like the food and it satisfies my primal urges. Almost every time I am in Guatemala City I go there and am not disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank bedlammanor

• Korean first
Sibley, Louisiana, United States
“Business Dinner”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The steak and the service were good. I suggest you up at least one notch on how done you want your steak. If med., ask for med. well.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank James F
Placencia, Belize
“Enchanting Evening”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our hotel wasn't too far from Hacienda Real in Zona 10, so we were fortunate enough to be able to go here for dinner last night. What an amazing experience and restaurant. From the moment you arrive, you feel transported into another world. Twinkling lights, gorgeous landscaping, and Spanish architecture all make the front of the restaurant beautiful.

Once you step inside, you are immediately greeted by one or two employees. In fact, I have never seen a restaurant staffed so well - there must be one employee for every two guests. We got a nice table in the courtyard by the fountain. Our server was exceedingly attentive and friendly, and even with our small amount of Spanish, was able to explain everything on the menu that we had questions on.

We ordered a bottle of Chilean Pinot Noir ($200Q). I had the cream of brocolli soup, which was delicious, but a very odd color of green. We both had steaks, and mine was cooked to perfection - something most restaurants get wrong because I like my meat rare.

The desserts were great too - I had chocolate pie and my fiance tres leches. At one point the mariacchis came and serenaded us - very nice touch.

The bathrooms were spotless, they have valet parking, and even a free shuttle that will take you back to your hotel if you're not too far. In fact, the driver of the shuttle would not drive away until he made sure the gate to our hotel was opened - what service!!

I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to share a special evening as a couple or with friends and who enjoys excellently prepared food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank WealthShips
Guatemala
“Beautiful restaurants.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Their decoration is always warm and cozy, great food and great steaks. Prices are fair for what you get and the service is good. Always a nice expirience to be there, parking space in Zone 10 restaurant can be challenging but always worth the wait.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank jmachem
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great food, great place”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A lovely hacienda converted in a fine dine restaurant. Dine in a beautiful outdoor patio, enjoy good wine and steak. My favorite the churrasco, but they also offer fish and chicken. If you are staying at Westing Camino Real, ask for a free ride to and from the restaurant. They also have a beautiful trio that you will enjoy and even sing along. Excellent service and food.

Visited March 2013