Stayed here for 2 nights last week. On the positive: Rooms are clean, large had hot water - though not enough to take a real bath in the nice tub. Great breakfast and very helpful, friendly English speaking staff both day and evening. Across the street from the airport and free shuttle there made it very convenient.
On the negative: A military training camp one block away. The drums and loud chants of the soldiers were disturbing. So were the airplanes taking off, landing and the dog nearby barking.
The area is safe because each block is strongly gated and access is through a gate with guards which, while you might be safe, felt like a total prison. Didn't leave the room past 5 PM but Guatemala City is boring so there was nowhere I wanted to go anyway.
I had a friend staying in another city who had a cell phone. The owner made a call to her for me and though it was not a long distance call, charged me 25 cents/minute for the call. It was petty and a rip off knowing it didn't cost them a penny to make that call.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hostal Villa Toscana!Since 2007, we are a hostel that offers all the comfort you need to feel at home in Guatemala City.We are known for our friendly service in a family atmosphere.Located in a strategic spot, just 1 minute from the airport and near the major tourist sites and business centres, makes us an attractive place for national and foreign visitors. We offer our guests a pleasant, safe and comfortable stay at a great price. Our goal is to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience!ROOMS AND RATES All our rooms are private and include:• Cable TV• Wireless Internet access• Bathroom with hot water• Shampoo, soap and towelsTYPES OF ROOM RATES• Single: 1 single bed US $ 38.00• Double: 2 single beds US $ 50.00• Triple: 3 single beds US $ 75.00• Matrimonial: 1 king bed US $ 57.00• Suite: 1 king bed, sitting area and terrace US $ 66.00Rate includes:• Taxes 22%• Breakfast: typical guatemalan, continental, american or cereal with milk• Private parking• Illimited internet acces in our guest computer or wireless in all the hostel• Immediate medical assistance service• Transfers airport (Intl. La Aurora) / hostel / airport** Shuttle service is included for up to 3 people from 5:00 am to 9:30 pm, outside these hours is an additional fee of $ 6.00. From 4 people on, we hired a bus for $ 15.00 per trip.We are able to comfortably accommodate up to 28 people.Check in: 15:00 Hrs.Check out: 12:00 Hrs.Payment:• Cash in U.S. dollars or quetzals• Checks in U.S. dollars or quetzals (for national companies only)• Credit card or debit card (6% surcharge)SERVICES • Meals (delivery service, fast and gourmet food)• Hot and cold drinks available at the hostel• Taxi• Tours• Rental cars• Laundry• Luggage storageWhat's Nearby?A 15 minute walk are the Museum of Ethnology, Archaeology, Modern Art, Children's Museum, Aurora Zoo and the Handicraft Market.10 minutes by car, there are the Ixchel and Popol Vuh museums.A 5 minute drive you can visit the Zona Viva, famous for its variety of restaurant bars, coffee shops and business centers.A 15 minute drive you can visit the Historic Center, where are located the National Palace, the Metropolitan Cathedral, Trade Portal and Central Park.We are also near the most famous and modern shopping centers as Miraflores and Oakland Mall, among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostal Villa Toscana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Villa Toscana Hotel Guatemala City
- Hostal Villa Toscana Guatemala/Guatemala City