“A new experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 50 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Escazu, Costa Rica
“A new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was the first time I stayed in a hostel and I really like, the owners Mr. Luis and his wife Mariloly
They were nice since my arrival I stayed for 4 nights, helped me with everything I had doubts and guided me very well (if it was like my home away from her)
The room was very clean (that was my biggest concern) the place where the hostel is very safe and just 1 minute from the airport. They are free shuttle to and from the airport.
Certainly for my next trips I will stay in a hostel is a very different experience and I enjoy it.

Greetings and thanks to Mr. Luis and his wife.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Liverpool, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We just stayed one night, on our way to Mexico. As other reviewers have said, it's a very friendly place where you made to feel welcome. Our room was quite small and rather basic (with a bathroom that could do with a refurbishment), but we had everything we needed, including a TV. There is a pleasant dining/sitting area with TV and videos, and a little garden. The staff recommended a restaurant in the city for us, and ordered a taxi to take us there. We had to leave too early to sample the breakfast, but we were given a lift to the airport at 4.30 in the morning. We would recommend this B&B and will return any time we need a night in Guatemala City.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

This place is so friendly! The owners picked us up from the airport and helped us plan our trip from here. The rooms are basic, but very clean. It is so close to the airport, you get a good breakfast and a kind welcome to Guatemala.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Almost Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

My wife and I went on a 1000km tour through Guatemala and Honduras and ended up our trip at the Hostal Los Lagos. We arrived hungry so the owner ordered a pizza for us. We had an early flight and the owner drove us to the airport for free (well, the ride is included in the room price). Breakfast is also included in the price. Our room had private shower & hot water. The room was basic, but had TV and a large, comfy bed. Overall a good value & experience. What I liked the most: the owners are friendly and will do everything to make your stay pleasant.

• Liked — Close to airport, friendly staff, good price
  • Disliked — Can be noisy if other guests arrive late or leave early
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2006

Had a very pleasant surprise during a stop in Guatemala City. Found by chance a little B&B located 5 minutes away (easy walk) from the airport. Luis and his spanish wife Mariloly will do everything to make yourself comfortable. I was able to check in around 9.30 am after a red eye flight from Los Angeles. The place is fairly basic (although there is a TV in every room) but very clean. Great breakfast and fabulous coffee too.
No need to go to the unsafe downtown area (and overpay your taxi ride) or to get charged for your hotel room over $100 (especially in a country like Guatemala for God's sake). At Los Lagos, you will pay $15 or $20 (including breakfast) depending on the room. By the way, 5 and 6 have been recently remodeled.
Their address: 8 ave. 18-85 zona 13 Aurora 1, Guatemala City. Their telephone: (502) 2334-5311

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hostal Guatefriend's
Hostal Guatefriend's
#5 of 50 in Guatemala City
4.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews

Been to Hostal Los Lagos Inn? Share your experiences!