“Simple, safe and easy!”

Hostal Los Volcanes
Connecticut
“Simple, safe and easy!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at Los Volcanes my last night in Guatemala - I arrived at 8pm from Lake Atitlan, tired and hungry. The evening manager was friendly and immediately helped me to order dinner, which was delievered to my room 30 min later! I had to be at the airport at 4am, so missed the breakfast - however....the free shuttle ride by the evening guard was fantastic.
The hostel is located in a quiet gated neighborhood a 2-min drive to the airport. It is not fancy but perfect if you only want to spend $30-ish for someplace to sleep. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Karen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here with friends recently and we really enjoyed our stay. Service was really great, room was clean and food is good too. Gaby and the rest of the staff had a good knowledge of the area, she spoke English and was attentive and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were comfortable. The shuttle to the airport was really helpful. I would stay here again and I would recommend this hostel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ric F
travelling
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hostel lots of times when having to stay the night in Guatemala City, which is often, for business. I prefer this hostel to any of the others, because I really feel at home. The manager is very hospitable, helpful, funny and he always wants to make sure I am ok. They have everything you need, hot water, tv with remote control, wifi in the rooms, nice beds, a kitchen to make yourself a up of tea, or heat up food, and the manager can get food ordered in for you. The place is always quiet. I like the fact that the manager is always on call 24 hours, and will bring you to the airport which really is only 2 minutes away. Comfortable, clean, and just very friendly. Will always come back here. Super convenient and great pricing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yazzieyazz
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hi I'm from Canada, the hostel staff treated me as I was in my home in Vancouver. The attention was very good and honest, the room was clean and pleasant. What I liked was the free shuttle from the Airport to the hostel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank OliviaMorgan16
America
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are ok, the staff is ready to help you with your needs, they even share a beer with me making my stay really fun. Gaby and Marisol were very kind and helpful with our reservation and shuttle arrangements to Antigua and to the airport, for sure if I ever come back to gt city, I will stay again unload Volcanes.

• Stayed March 2013
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great hostal, I loved the service, and the price, Guatemala has a lot of beautiful places, but when the day has finished, you need to get some rest, and this place is amazing, I recommend it.
Everything was great, except my business, lol, but that's another story.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed June 26, 2012

It was a great place to a small business trip, near the airport, great price & good service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business