“Thai in Guatemala?”

Khawp Khun Kha
Ranked #75 of 572 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Khawp Khun Kha means "thank you" in Thai. Thank you for visiting and allowing us to surprise you. Thank you for making us feel good by caring for you and giving you the time to refresh both your palate and your mind. Khawp Khun Kha to life!
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Okay, I gave it four out of five stars for only one reason...it's not quite authentic Thai. But big points for trying and coming very close. We had edamame to start. An interesting and different presentation of a standard. We had a panang curry which was very rich with coconut milk. It had a healthy spiciness to it but maybe just a bit too rich. Tasty though. Also a Tom Yum Koong which was not a bad representation of the real thing. I enjoyed it. Ah, but dessert...we shared a scrumptious cardamom and pistachio ice cream that was heavenly when eaten with a cup of their cardamom and mint tea. I would go again...for a special occasion. Limited seating though. Great staff. Very friendly and good English for those of us still struggling with espanol.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of having lunch at Khawp Khun Kha during a short visit to Guatemala City. The restaurant has a smart minimalist design, which is pleasantly contrasted by the warm and friendly attitude of the staff. They also have a nice outside patio, which has views to a small city park across the street.

We order a couple of traditional Thai plates to start, from which I would personally highlight their Shrimp Papaya Salad, this definitely transported me directly back to Thailand. I was recommended by our waiter to try the Thai Tenderloin (Thai Lomito), clearly a fusion dish, which I had then to thank him because it was excellent. I also had the opportunity to try the Pad Thai and a Green Curry stew from others in our party and everything had a great flavor. We finally finished our meal with an espresso and sharing a couple of desserts, everything was top notch from beginning to end. They use quality ingredients and you can tell that everything that comes out of their kitchen is made with great care.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

the servers were smiley and friendly and the atmosphere was overall very pleasant, although the techno music was a little loud-but i get it, trendy vibe or whatever. i can't really recommend the food here, though, because it took forever to get served and then when we did, the flavors weren't true thai flavors. the pad thai was all wrong-they should have called it something else. it wasn't bad, per se, but when you're expecting pad thai, it was not great. the noodles were too thick, not all the ingredients were there, and it was smothered in some sort of thick bbq sauce, not traditional flavor.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It has become one of my favorite places to dine, it has a different vibe, great music, very relaxing environment , the service is very personalized and the food is unique , a fusion of flavors that I haven't found in any other place . -

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I were staying at La Immaculada Hotel for our last night in Guatemala City and this modern, hip restaurant with an outdoor patio was just a few steps away. We were delighted by the food and atmosphere, and the staff were adorable--our Spanish is horrible, and they did all they could do to help us in english.
The food was great, service attentive, and the patio lovely. Highly recommend.

1  Thank jennifer b