I stayed at Hotel Stofella on two separate occasions in April, 2006. My original intention was to visit a little Guatemalan girl who I am sponsoring. However, being such a long distance away from Canada I decided to combine my visit with a Caravans Tour around Guatemala. I needed, therefore, a central hotel, in a safe district at a reasonable price. which would store my luggage while I was on the tour. The Stofella Hotel met all these expectations and more.
The hotel does not have a limo service but an authorized taxi cost about US$10.00 including tip from the airport. There is a taxi stand at the entrance to the hotel for return trips to the airport which the hotel will arrange even for dawn departures.
I agree with the description of rooms by the earlier reviewer and have nothing to add except that, if you are a light sleeper, the loud external air conditioning units can be annoying. I asked for another room away from the street and this was immediately arranged by the very accomodating reception staff and the bell-boys. Even though the corridor carpets are a little stained the rooms are spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable.
What impressed me most were the staff. Even though they were sometimes very busy they tried to deal with every client's wishes or requests. I had been given a very fragile vase by the family of my sponsored child and asked the staff if they had a box. Not only did they provide the box but one of the bell boys wrapped it for me and stored it together with my luggage until I returned from my tour. The day staff speak very good English and are extremely helpful. On two occasions I needed to make arrangements with the Administration office of the Children's Sponsorship local office. Not only did the staff make the calls for me they also made the necessary arrangements since my Spanish was not up to the task. All this and no charge!!
They also arranged for a wake up call, a six a.m. breakfast and organized the airport transfer which was a great relief. The break-fasts are as described earlier; modest but adequate. I can recommend the restaurant just across the street for lunches and dinners. It is called Applebees - the food is very good and reasonably priced, but once again, it is the very friendly staff which made it special for me. I developed a very bad cold and could not speak but I wrote down what I wanted and they even provided me with hot water, lemon juice and honey to take back to the hotel.
So, if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with comfortable rooms at a great and safe location (most important in Guatemala City) and friendly staff the Hotel Stofella should meet all your requirements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Stofella is located in the heart of the zone Viva and ten minutes from the airport. We are surrounded by exclusive stores, office buildings, residential areas and an abundance of restaurants and nightclubs. The Best Western Stofella has luxury rooms fully equipped with automatic locks, cable television, analog dial up dataports, electronic safes and hairdryers. The Trattoria Veneziana Restaurant offer mediterranean and international food you can also ask for room service or have delicious snacks at our Caffee Venezia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stofella Hotel Guatemala City
- Best Western Hotel Stofella
- Best Western Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella Guatemala/Guatemala City