“Great hotel in the center of the Lights District”

Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very large and well appointed room and quiet considering it's location on a major road. We were welcomed with a rum punch! I don't know if this only applies to tour groups, but it was most welcome after the long bus ride. Two large beds, free wifi, even a fridge.

Room Tip: Room 234 was relatively quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a tour group so can't comment on the price of the room. My room had two double beds with a throw rug between them, a 6-drawer dresser, large mirror, desk and two chairs, mini fridge, flat screen TV, closet with a safe, ironing board and iron, very nice linens, good lighting, a very comfortable bed and pillows, and complimentary bottled water. The hardwood floors appeared to be very clean. The bathroom had a tub/shower and enough space around the sink to put all my things. The lobby was very nice and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights recently while visiting friends in the capital. Good location, nice breakfast which was different each day. Stunning parquet floors throughout older part of hotel. Room was clean and good sized (I understand that some of them were a bit small though). Business centre with free internet use and printing. Close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Stofella has very nice rooms for the price - a good value but i give it minus points for rude front desk staff, inattentive restaurant staff and a general attitude of malaise.
We showed up and were given the third degree by the front desk even though we had called our reservation in the night before. She claimed we had no reservation and made us feel very unwelcome. We were asked to sit down while she consulted on whether there might be a room available. This is a large hotel and not even close to being full. We did not run into one other person on our floor after coming and going numerous times so I fail to see what the front desk fuss was about.
We were tired and dined in that night at the restaurant. The food was very mediocre and the staff took forever with everything.
The final insult came after I got home. When I received my credit card bill I had been charged twice for the room at two different rates.
I think this hotel needs a shake-up by management. The property is modern and clean with a good location. The doormen and housekeeping were very professional and courteous but the rest of the staff, not so much. In the future I'd stay at the Intercontinental Camino Real nearby.

Room Tip: The hallways are long so get a room closer to the elevators if you don't want to make the long w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan-portown
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was concerned about this hotel because of some of the reviews but I was very please with the hotel. The hotel is well maintained with lovely dark wood floors. The rooms are clean and of a good size. The location is very good for restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast are OK. The breakfast on our first day was terrible (it was a Sunday so might have been the weekend staff) but the next day was better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

At this hotel, you are in walking distance of very good restaurants. Hotel itself is quite basic but clean. Beds are comfy, decent cable TV, adequate complementary breakfasts. I go for work and enjoy the variety of restaurants, including a Greek place only a block away. I liked the chicken gyro sandwich and the Greek salad so much I returned the next day. I also found the taxi driver outside the hotel very helpful and reasonably priced. Used him for several hours 2 days in a row.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tim_Jo1
Reviewed May 25, 2013

in the heart of "zona viva" several good restaurants, bars etc within walking distance of the hotel. good customer service. Some noise from flushing toilets next rooms I guess thin walls, rooms are okay small TV's nothing extraordinary, one restaurant in the hotel, (I did not use it). breakfast was include type buffet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business