“Great value with nice atmosphere”

Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is one of the best values in Guatemala City. I was surprised at the beautiful woodwork and elegant style. Service was very good and internet was free and always available. Restaurant was average and rooms were a little noisy but clean.

Room Tip: Some interior rooms have a glass window with louvres adjacent to other rooms and I heard a man hack...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Hotel Stofella

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Me and my cousin we went to Guatemala City to visit our sponsored children. We choose the Best Western Stofella because it was centrally located in Zona Viva Tourist area, and we get a great rate/night. We expected just average clean hotel (we needed mostly for overnights as we where out during the day), but instead we walk in to a beautiful hotel with a Spanish Colonial interior yet modern and classy. Professional and friendly staff take care of us from the moment we arrived to the moment we check out.
Special thanks to Debora Marroquin for changing our room.
Very nice elegant restaurant Veneziana on the premises, where we had free breakfast every morning (lots of fresh fruits), and a delicious dinner one evening. I highly recommend this hotel.
Thanks every one at Best Western Stofella, and see you again sometime.Gracias !!

Room Tip: The rooms in the new part of the hotel are nicer and there is a elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SummerItalia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is a great hotel compared with some others in zona 10 and very reasonable prices. One warning note, they do not honor rewards points from Best Western. According to the administration you need to present what they called a voucher but they cannot tell where to get it or even how it looks like. Kind of disappointed from a Best Western Hotel, but I guess every country got they own rules and regulations.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms got a good "view". Request to take a look of the room before checking in
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is the best value for its catagory. Great location, excellent service, free breakfast, and nice rooms. It is hard to find a nice hotel room for under $100 in Zone 10, and this one has kept their prices low. Best value is to book direct via the Best Western web site.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kayak-atitlan
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for two nights in a very nice, spacious room in the new part of the hotel. After returned from a field visit I was unfortunately placed in a room to the left of the reception (room 105). It smelled really bad, humid. So I asked to be moved.
At first the receptionist refused me claiming that there were no spare rooms. I asked him to check again and he found a room on the next floor, but with the same location (room 204).
The room smelled fine so I decided to stay. After about 15 minutes it started to smell and I discovered huge patches of fungi on the walls near the cealing. I went to the reception, again, and explained myself. They did not seem to care much and seemed bothered by the fact that I asked to be moved again.
The bell boy helped me move my suitcase and saw the fungi, but he said he did not know what it was and seemed surprised when I said it could be a danger to the health of their guests.
I have generally been satisfied with the hotel, but I doubt that they will do anything to get rid of the fungus as they do not seem to take it seriously. Therefore I recommend that you ensure that you are placed in the new part of the hotel - away from the reception area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Charws
Reviewed January 29, 2010

This hotel is located on a relatively quiet street in Zona viva. Staff was very courteous and helpful. rooms clean and comfortable. It was only $45 a night when we stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lenin13
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I normally stay at the Westin Camino Real when I am in Guatemala. So that I could remain for more time at the same cost I chose to stay at the Stofella which was suggested by friend. If your on a budget or would like to stretch your stay this is a fine hotel. From this hotel you can perform business activities as well as use this as a base for multicultural activities in day trips though out other parts of Guatemala. More importantly, the staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business