“Lovely ”

Real InterContinental Guatemala
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here back in February and it was very comfortable, breakfast included was well worth every penny. Service was the best!! Most places in Central America lack in this area... But not the Inter... In Nicaragua the service is exceptional at this hotel as well... It's as if you are not in Central America... Almost everyone speaks at least two languages... Highly recommend this hotel as well as the one in Nicaragua.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your fine review about your recent stay in our hotel as well in our brother hotel en Nicaragua. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complete breakfast at The Market restaurant and our staff services.

We remain at your services and hope to have the pleasure to serve you very soon.

There are newer reviews for Real InterContinental Guatemala

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The service is good, it has good restaurants but, I'm a regular visitor due business travels. This is my third bad experience at the hotel. The first one, I was placed near to the elevators, it is pretty noisy, they were kind and offer me a better room. Second time I was place on a handicap room, it was dirty, and there were some blood stains in the bathroom furniture. This third time, the beds are old and very unconfortable. They really need to change old mattresses

I would recommend when checking in to look for a room away from elevators, check that the room is clean and check for the beds in good conditions.

Room Tip: ask rooms away from elevators. check that the room is clean check for the beds in good conditions.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Customer:

We are very grateful for your recent stay and review about your experience. We extend our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have encountered during your past 3 stays regarding room conditions. I assure you we have already updated your profile to make sure you will always be assigned to the correct room regarding your requirements. I´m also glad to inform you that we will soon be stating our complete Room and Corridor´s renovation, hopefully you will enjoy this in your future stays.

We hope that despite these situation we can have the opportunity to serve you in your future stays.

Kid Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is great, rooms, service, hotels etc. But the must important thing, there was no hot water!! I shaved and almost tore my face. I then took a shower and only towards the end when I was turning off the water, I started to feel lukewarm water. I mentioned this at the front desk, and it seems they know about itand just told me that I had to let the water run. I know now for next time, turn the water on 15 minutes prior to shaving and showering.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank nicatraveler69
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review about your experience. We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the water temperature in your room. We have reviewed this case with our maintenance and housekeeping departments and will conduct a thorough analysis of our water system to make the corresponding changes to improve this.

We appreciate your comprehension and beg for a second opportunity to serve you. Please let me know about your future visits so I can personally make sure you enjoy your Best Rest and Experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My stay was very comfortable in a clean, spacious room. I was in guatamala for business reasons and felt safe and secure at the location. The staff was courteous and attentive to my needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we accomplished our goal to provide your Best Rest.

We look forwards for your next visit.

nelson.d´lima@r-hr.com

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Restaurants on property are great, especially for the breakfast buffet. The Staff is great. The Customer Service is exceptional. The Guest Rooms could stand to be updated. The lobby and restaurants are very attractive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nelson D, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Customer:

Thank you very much for the review about your recent stay here in your home away from home. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently remodeled restaurants and our staff services. We will be conducting a complete room and corridor renovation in the last months of this year so hopefully you will be able to enjoy this in your future stays.

We look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Thought I would try this hotel having previously always used the Westin. Public rooms are large, clean and comfortable but the bedrooms are tired and in need of a facelift. I booked a room on the executive floor - it was satisfactory but nothing more, and not as clean as I would have expected.
Staff were pleasant and obliging but the business services just not good enough I'm afraid.
Back to the Camino Real next time I think.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sprayco
Nelson D, Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and feedback about your experience. As you well mention we are aware of the renovation requirements in different areas of the hotel and I´m glad to inform you that we will be conducting a complete Room, Corridors and Executive Lounge renovation very soon as part of a continuous process since last year with Picasso Restaurant, The Market Restaurant, Maya Lounge, Lobby, Art Gallery, SPA and Gym.

We truly hope to have once again the opportunity to serve and that you can enjoy our model renovated room in your next visit to Guatemala, please contact me directly so In can personally take care.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

An outstanding property. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Wireless can be a bit slow at times but overall was reliable. Service was excellent at every step. Breakfast buffet was included in the rate and had a great variety of dishes. Will stay at Intercontinental hotels whenever I am in Central America.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We are very happy you enjoyed our rooms comfort, hotel staff services and breakfast quality/variety. I am glad to inform you we have recently upgraded our Internet speed to 100 MB for faster and convenient quality.

We look forward for your next visit to Guatemala so that you can stay here in your home away from home.