I have stayed at the Real Intercontinental before and this was my third stay with them. The location is great with many dining and shopping options within a short walk. The hotel is clean, though mid-renovations. The front desk staff is exceedingly friendly, very willing to assist with anything from dinner suggestions to the normal currency exchange etc. My 5th floor room had a somewhat awkward view of the side of the gym but given the little time I spent in it, that was not an issue. My housekeeper was fantastic in tidying up, especially given that I left a trail of clutter on most surfaces through the week. I had lunch in the sushi restaurant - spicy tuna rolls - and it was very good and very fresh. One night I ate alone in Picasso's - goat cheese salad, a margherita pizza, and a couple of Gallo. The food here was also very good. Given my non-existent Spanish, I really appreciated the patience of Oscar my waiter and his attentiveness was great which is always appreciated when dining alone. I was really impressed that Oscar offered to grate fresh parmesan cheese over my pizza, as that is my preference but I would not have requested it to avoid some awkward communication. Finally, the new gym facility was really nice and one of the best equipped I have experienced in a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options, a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailormade cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our fitness center open 24 hours in its new location overlooking the heated pool and a view of the city. Our recently renovated 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock, mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 4 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City