“The Best Hotel In Guatemala City”

Real InterContinental Guatemala
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
San Salvador, El Salvador
“The Best Hotel In Guatemala City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at this great hotel and I was completely satisfied with the service they gave me, the room view to the city was superb, and Walfre (the Bell Boy) took very good care of me, same as the Concierge (Jhennifer). keep up the good work. I´ll definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Get a view to the city is the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying our Breakfast Buffet, we want our guests to have a good start !

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Pierre Berthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was in Guatemala for a business trip and stayed at Real Intercontinental for 2 nights. The room is good and has a good size. It worth taking the time to enjoy the breakfast with many things done on time, like fresh juice, eggs and pancakes.
The pool area is nice with heated water and jacuzzi.
The hotel has wonderful location with very good restaurants around and only 6 min from the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gmactrip
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good location, right in the city but within a safe area for you to walk around. Excellent service. This hotel line seems to have issues with serving water on tables, you could be choking with your food and no one offers water at all. Other hotels from the same line have waiters with water available and keeping a good eye on customers. Here you have to chase people to get water. Good food, Good service overall. My room was very clean and comfortable, but then I am a frequent travel, not sure how the rest of them are. I recommend and will come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

The restaurant personal has been informed regarding your comment for serving the water and thank you for helping me to improve our service.
I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at this property to get away from daily life. I had dinner and breakfast at the Cafe de la Paix. Dinner was great! Probably ate too much, but I sure don't regret it. Buffet breakfast was perfect too. Pool was a bit lonely, but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

It is through that few guests are using the pool as it is a bit hidden by beeing in the 5th floor.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Clean place, excellent attitude from staff, well maintained and great location. Went there for business and this is my 3rd time, it's really worth it. Breakfast and restaurants are good too. Also Had a business conference and the meeting rooms are great. Only suggestion would be to add more rooms to the business center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was surprised to run into problems at the Intercontinental. I stayed twice during a two-week trip in Guatemala. Each time I was assigned to a room which did not have all amenities in place as promised. Round one, no mini-bar. It took about two hours to get one. Round two, no safe. That came within 10 minutes. Reception was a mixed bag. Round one, the check-in clerk was surly and had me wait 45 minutes for my peanut-sized room. Round two, the clerk was welcoming.

I did enjoy the restaurant and found staff to be lovely and helpful.

Room Tip: I wish I knew!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cvalent9
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor!

Our main goal is the satisfaction of our guests and I really take in serious your comments in order to correct this area of oportunity for us. I will personaly investigate this matter and make sure that it will not happen again. All rooms are supposed to have a minibar and a safe, it surely was with maintenance dpt, but we cannot rent a room which is not completly equiped.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience and should you give me the oportunity of welcoming you again in Guatemala, please do not hesitate to contact me at it will be a pleasure to asist you personaly and make sure that you'll have a good experience with us.

General manager
pierre.berthier@r-hr.com
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Let me first start off by saying the bed here is awesome. If you're looking for something softer than a Mayan stone structure, than this is the place for you. The hotel itself is certainly adequate -- clearly tailoring to business people with large expense accounts. They nickel and dime you on everything. The most off-putting part of the hotel though is the staff. I spent a week traveling through Guatemala and was never confronted with anything less than lovely, genuine smiles. However, the only thing you'll be greeted with at this hotel is attitude. The staff seem very annoyed and put out having to deal with anyone. The exact opposite of my experience with the staff at a hotel down the street, The Westin Camino Real. Not only was it a much better price but the people were so kind and helpful. A much better choice -- but be warned.. the bed isn't as soft as the Intercontinental. Have fun!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather K
Pierre B, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Heather,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor!

Our main goal is the satisfaction of our guests and I really take in serious your comments in order to correct this area of oportunity for us. I would really appreciate if you take some time and write me a bit more about your experience and where I would need to improve it.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this nasty experience and should you give the oportunity of welcoming you again in Guatemala, please do not hesitate to contact me at it will be a pleasure to asist you personaly and make sure that you'll have a good experience with us.

General manager