The InterContinental provided a good start to our Guatemalan adventure.
While I am not a big fan of large international chains to stay in when I travel for vacation, this hotel was just what we wanted and met our expectations very well.
The location was good to explore Guate's Zona 10 neighborhood (which is said to be one of the most upscale and safest neighborhoods in the city - but that is all relative :-)). It was close to walk to stores, restaurants and cafes. Overall the hotel served as a good respite from Guate's grit and grime.
Service was good - they were very helpful in making restaurant reservations (and accommodated our ever-changing time requests :-)), calling cabs, setting up a taxi pick up from the Flores airport to Tikal etc.
Hotel amenities were also good - a nice pool, hot tub and very well equipped gym with new weights and machines.
The room was clean and nice with a very comfortable king bed and a good choice of pillows. The shower had nice hot water and was good. The view from the 10th floor was of zona 10 and the mountains surrounding the city.
In summary, I highly recommend the InterContinental for a stay in Guatemala City (although I don't recommend lingering in the city for longer than 2 days unless you have to - there are much nicer places to see in Guatemala).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options, a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailormade cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our fitness center open 24 hours in its new location overlooking the heated pool and a view of the city. Our recently renovated 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock, mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 4 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City