“Good Service, WiFi, Shuttle”

Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Good Service, WiFi, Shuttle”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here our first night in Guatemala City. The shuttle driver was waiting at the airport and got us to the hotel very quickly! The room was nice with good shower pressure and in room wifi and tv. The staff were helpful and friendly. Good experience for the price :) We left too early to get the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caren_H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was staying at the Holiday Inn and due to some scheduling errors they bumped me out and I had to find another place to lay my head. Most every hotel was booked for some convention, but Cesar over at the Howard Johnson hooked it up. He spoke great English and humored me with my high school spanish. I was so excited about finding a place to stay that was more like a family owned operation. The staff was extremely friendly and somehow could understand my broken spanish.

Highlights:
Beautiful tile everywhere
Wifi
friendly staff, called me by name (not the bad ones most people that know me use)
Good breakfast
Huge room
Airport shuttle
Small gym

Lowlights:

The couches in the room were a little worn out
Beds firm/hard
no desk

I'm a fan of the HoJo!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank teerav
Watauga
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Its a little difficult to find if arriving by car as the hotel rooms are above a small shopping center and the reception area is only one of the 'store-fronts'. However, the rooms are nicely appointed and the 'free breakfast' was delicious and professionally served. The airport shuttle service for our friends who were departing back to the States was timely and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I flew into Guatemala City apprehensively, at the start of my motorcycle trip from Guatemala to Argentina. To my pleasant surprise I was met at the airport by the Howard Johnson driver with my name on a card.which I hadn't even requested. He took me to this wonderfull hotel, conveniently located for the airport and also for the city itself. There followed a very relaxed stay in a good standard hotel, beautifully furnished and with friendly, efficient and helpfull staff. Breakfast was a delight in their busy restaurant with plenty of local business people also dining, which speaks for itself. This is a great little hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First of I would like to thank Ceasar Rojas (manger) he personally picked my wife and I from airport (they provide a shuttle service to and from at no extra cost) he was very pleasant to talk to, and cominucated very well in English! Once arrived at the hotel we couldn't belive how beautiful it is definitely a 5 star experience!!
Every morning we were given purified water bottles (complementary), and a excellent breakfast; Steven one of the waiters that took care of us every morning was very helpful and friendly along side the others that work in the resturant.
Over all I have to say this HoJo is by far the best experience I have had!! Rooms are always clean, staff bends over backwards to make your stay the best!
THANKS TO ALL!!!
The Espana Family

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan E
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

As our flight into Guatemala arrived at 10:00 p.m., we just needed a simple and close hotel to stay at before our 6:00 a.m. flight to Flores the following morning. We also wanted something reliable. The hotel also provided complimentary transportation to and from the airport, which was a big plus for us.

The room was small, but clean and quaint. The front desk was helpful (no problem with the wakeup call) and we were given a complimentary bottle of bottle of water (the only hotel during our entire trip that did that), which we used to brush our teeth and for some drinking. We could have paid less at another hotel. but we wanted to start our trip on the right foot and this hotel gave us that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravlnFrank
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here on two occasions on our recent trip to Guatemala because it is only 10 minutes from the airport. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The attached restaurant was excellent. On first arrival we were suprised by finding armed security guards (shotguns) stationed at the entrance but this common place throught the city. Staff were very accommodating and professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends