I've stayed at two properties owned by the same company (Westin Camino Real being the other). They are substantially similar. The lobby and restaurants at the Westin are nicer, with a grand marble lobby and entry way. The Westin is also larger. However, for the money the Holiday Inn is just as nice, and, in fact, the rooms are substantially similar with the same stone treatment for counter tops, floor and shower surround.
I stayed with my sister, who has Priority Club status, so we were treated to the Executive Floor (16 and 17). The rooms are pretty much the same, but you get free bottled water, wood paneling in the hallway, and a dedicated, free, computer and printer to use.
The bedding at the Holiday Inn is great. The shower was ok, but had the same problem I run into across Guatemala, the shower head is designed for someone 5 ft tall, not 6, so the head hits me at eye level. The pressure left a little to be desired.
Room service was good and prompt. We ate breakfast at the hotel twice. Once at the buffet and once a la carte. Both were tasty and a reasonable price (by us standards). By comparison, the Sunday buffet at the Westin had long lines for the egg station and the omelettes were not as good. They did have a larger selection, however.
The front-desk staff speak perfect English, one with no accent whatsoever.
There is a new Hard Rock Cafe across the street, as well as a wine bar and two new "American" fast food places. Shakespear's Pub is catty-corner from the hotel, and a great local bar full of ex-pats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of 'The Life Zone' next to business, financial and entertainment centers. Only 5 minutes from La Aurora International Airport. The Holiday Inn Guatemala offers 194 rooms and 10 Jr. Suites with kitchenette, all of them decorated to provide comfort and a peaceful stay to our guests. With a choice of mountain or city view, wall to wall carpeting, cable TV, safety deposit box inside the room, two telephone extensions, wireless internet, central air conditioning, radio and alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and electronic keys. For your convenience,Holiday Inn Guatemala provides business center facilities. Seven meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment for conferences and events from 10 to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Holiday Inn Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Guatemala City