Since I had a very early flight departing GUA after a marvellous holiday in Antigua, I chose the Crowne Plaza.
The hotel felt faded and out of date and furniture in our room was chipped. But the proximity to the airport was very convenient and shuttle service started at 4am.
We ate at their restaurant Los Volcanoes and the food was pretty good though service was rather slow. We were also surprised to find out just after ordering that their buffet would be available in five minutes.
While it doesn't compare to other Crowne Plazas I have stayed in, it is fine for a brief sojourn. But I hate to say it but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 kms. From La Aurora International Airport and very close to the main commercial and financial area of the country. It offers 183 comfortable rooms, Gym, Heated swimming pool, Spa, Restaurant of Local and International food, Bar, Internet without cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Las Americas Guatemala/Guatemala City