“Great Oasis in Guatemala!”
Review of Hotel Las Americas

Hotel Las Americas
Ranked #4 of 52 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Oasis in Guatemala!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay when visiting Guateamala city. We first stayed here a year ago, and have been back twice more. The hotel itself is a little dated, but the staff are first rate, and in fact this is the most welcoming place we've ever been. Caleb Flores and his colleagues do their best to accomodate your needs and are attentive and friendly. The same is true for the restaurant staff, who remembered me, even though I had not been there in months. The food is quite good, and there's a good variety of both Guatemalan and North American menu items.

In very short order, the hotel has begun to feel like our home away from home, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the airport, and ironically, is a little quieter on that side!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest:
Receive a warm greeting from Crowne Plaza Guatemala team.
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. If you have any conserns or questions do not hesitate to contact me. My email address is mj.navarro@cpguatemala.com.gt. and let me know if you are planning a new trip to Guatemala, it will be a pleasure to have you with us again.

Best Regards,

Revenue Manager/ Groups and Conventions Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Miami
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had the opportunity to travel to Guatemala from the 18 to the 22 of June. I made the reservation for the Crowne Plaza Guatemala and it was very good, my arrival to the airport was not that good since my car reservation was not found. Fortunatelly I was lucky enough to be checked in by this professional lady I think her name is Leslie, polite and helpful.
The best part of my stay was the Housekeeper on the 9th. floor. this is one of those people you want to take home with you. The room was very clean and impressed the way she greeted me every morning. Congratulations to your Housekeeping staff.
I didn't have the chance to enjoy breakfast or drinks that the Priority Club membership allows you-
Parking is complementary, magnificent city or airport views,
I would like to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a priority Club Member, enjoy the benefits of the 9th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest: Thaks for your comments. It's so good to know that you enjoyed your stay at out home. Please, let me know if you will be back, so we'll be ready to receive you again.

Regards,

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is one star only. The building is in a bad condition, its carpets were very dirty and they smell to mould and urine, the tubs of this hotel leak after having a shower which cause a swamp in the bathroom. The staff is unfriendly.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 2nd floor and 4th floor are bad.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sirenalatina
Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that our staff were friendly. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

María Joseé Navarro Portillo
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here on a 5 night stay on May. The Hotel decor is a bit outdated but apart from that the services was Excellent and the food service has pretty good too. Not a 5 star hotel but has a five star service. The hotel is close to Zona Viva where you can find great restaurants and hangout pleaces. Overall I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest:
It's so good to know that you enjoyed your stay at out home. Thanks for your comments about aur service and food. Please, let me know if you will be back, so we'll be ready to receive you again.

Regards,

Mexico
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Hotel definitly need maintenance. The elevators dont work very well, the internet service is a nightmare, and the cold and hot water in the shower are bad label. Yes I waited 10 minutes openning both hot and cold water when I realized they were swap. I was really suprise this hotel can have the Crown Plaza brand name

My friend and I were laugh everytime we get into the elevators. When we wanted to go up, the elevator went down and viceversa. We thought we were the only ones but many of the visitors were also making joke about it.

I had 2 telephones in my room. Only one of them work. The cable tv service was also awful. You couldnt see you tv program. Despite all this I have to say that the people in the hotel were very friendly and they recognize their problems. Perhaps the manager is not willing to hear the customer complaints. In summary try other hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IvanMexico
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013

We are working in refreshing our internet service and our rooms.

Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Rooms:
Spacious, good beds, clean. The bathroom needs renovation it looks old (as the whole hotel does). The water in the shower does not get very hot.

Food:
Breakfast buffet is worthy plenty of choice, good service.

Location:
Close to the airport, with free shuttle airport service. No restaurants at walking distance.

Service:
The front desk staff is a little annoying. They go into discussion with me because we wanted to pay breakfast upfront. Arguing that it is the same paying the day before as the day after, so why don’t you let me pay upfront then – if it does not matter? My experience in Crown Plaza Guatemala has learned me that it will take them at least 10 minutes during check out just charging breakfast. I asked for the price of the breakfast buffet and then they mention the price of breakfast but without taxes included. When we left we had an early flight and they promised a breakfast box which was not there the next day. I had no remote control in my room, when somebody finally came to bring one she was inspecting all my room for quite a while to see whether “it had not fallen under the bed”. To many small issues to say “this hotel is good”. Good thing, the beds are lovely.

Pricing:
Because of the issues mentioned above, the hotel is a little dated and the bathroom facilities (no proper shower head, no hot water, damaged bathtub) the hotel is in my opinion a little overpriced)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that you enjoy our breakfast and our restaurant service . For the pricing issue, we will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

We are working in refreshing our bedding and rooms and soon we are posting new pictures online.

If you are planning another trip to Guatemala, please let me know.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a nice place with good service and good food, but they always down the quality , the first time I visited here all was great, the second time instead the food was not so good and the room had problems with the air conditioning . But its acceptable because it not cost a lot. Badly they had some troubles with the police and one of the best members of the staff was arrested , I don`t know if he was found guilty or not but that is something to consider.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Hotel Las Americas, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest:
Receive a warm greeting from Crowne Plaza Guatemala team.
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. As far as the inconvience you told us before it must have been a misunderstading since none of our employees has been arrested , I am sure it was a mistake.

Best Regards,