and I still stay at the Crowne Plaza. I love the breakfast buffet (included) and the rooms are nice and clean. I like the location, it is possible to walk to the zoo, the artesania market and to visit the museums from here. It is also very accessible to Zone 10 where I do most of my shopping.
I prefer the side facing the airport. The lights on the front side bother me (even though the heavy, no see through drapes pretty much block the light). There are bathtubs, a very nice exercise room, sauna and whirlpool. All in all, a great location at a very fair price. They will take you to the airport and pick you up with a reservation/stay.
Francisco, one of the bell men is always smiling, always friendly and seems very interested in the well being of the guests. I was here for a visit a few weeks back with a friend and the chef asked about my friend. So very nice that people in such a large hotel which must see hundreds if not thousands of people each week can be so personable and interested.
The food is great. I especially like the carpaccio. Thank you! Crowne Plaza, for being there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to brilliant, golden sunrises peeking over volcanic hills each morning you stay at our hotel's property in Guatemala City. The Crowne Plaza(R) Guatemala hotel, located in beautiful Zona 13 and just two miles from La Aurora International Airport (GUA), offers both comfort and convenience.In case you're visiting for meetings with local companies, you'll be glad to know that Copa Airlines, OEA, Solel Boneh and Ericsson are close to our hotel's location.While in Guatemala City, guests find plenty of exciting attractions nearby, including the Central Market, Civic Center and Oakland Mall. Find out more about our culture by visiting the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, or take a day-trip to the charming city of Antigua. We're just minutes from "Zona Viva," too, where all the excitement happens!When you choose to stay with us in Guatemala City, our hotel provides perks like free high-speed, wireless Internet access, so you can keep in touch with the office. To help you relax, we also offer a wonderful spa with services like steambaths, saunas and massages, as well as the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage(R) Program amenity kit. Make your reservations today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Guatemala City