Came to this 40 something hotel because it is located close to the start and finish line of Guatemala city's half marathon. I travel with my wife and daughters to several running competitions every year.
We waited more than one hour for a room to be shown to us, and when we were finally taken to the room we decided to leave. The facility is old and not well taken care of, carpets looked dirty and the walls were stained. The hotel is located close to several ugly strip clubs and the surroundings look unsecure. The staff is very slow and rude, they tried to emphasize their hotel is a 4 star property; they have a lot of work to do, specially with the people they put in the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 151 rooms (5 apartments, 24 Junior Suites and 122 double rooms), smoking and non-smoking. Rooms have thermo-acoustic windows, air conditioning and internet access. We offer large meting spaces for social events from 10 to 700 people. We are a few minutes from the Airport, Financial Center, sport stadium, Historical Downtown, a walking distance of banks, malls and The National Theater. From the Hotel there is easy access to all transportation within the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Conquistador Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conquistador Hotel Guatemala City
- Conquistador Hotel And Conference Center
- Ramada Guatemala City
- Hotel Conquistador Guatemala City
- Conquistador Hotel & Conference Center Guatemala/Guatemala City