Barcelo Guatemala City
$114
$97
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
$94
Hotels.com
Hotel Ciudad Vieja(Guatemala City)
$80
La Inmaculada Hotel(Guatemala City)
$113
$110
$153
$134
$129
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clarion Suites Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$136
$90
$160
$101
Travelocity
Dai Nonni Hotel(Guatemala City)
$64
1,809 results
All reviewssports barclose to the airportla vistabreakfast buffetcaravan tourjapanese restaurantnice hotelpizza hutbusiness centergreat poolthe wi fievery hourfree shuttleshuttle servicezona vivaminutes from the airportcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I spent five nights in this hotel, located close to the airport, in a new area of Guatemala City. The room, facing the pool, was spacious, very clean and quiet both night and day. Windows and balcony door are soundproof, once closed you will never hear a thing. Staff is very polite and helpful. We booked our excursions weeks ahead from the hotel's travel agency. Prices are very good and most of the tours are private. Thank you very much Karina Coj from Vacaciones Barcelo for being so nice and helpful. We took three tours: Antigua/Guatemala City, Tikal and Lago Atitlan. Please, ask for Jose Ruiz, the guide. He is one of the best and you will have a great time.
Guatemala is a very beautiful country with very nice people. If you like Latin America, Guatemala it's a must!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
BarceloManager, Gerente at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest.
Thank you very much for sharing the experience of staying at our hotel with the members of TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations regarding our services.
We hope to see you soon at Barcelo Guatemala City Hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Hotel Barcelo, Guatemala City, is well suited for American travelers. A little bit of elegance and a lot of charm! Nice rooms, good food and attractive lobby, make this hotel, which is gated, a perfect place to stay in GC.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank xnyrnkc
BarceloManager, Gerente at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing the experience of staying at Barceló Guatemala City. We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations regarding our services.
We hope to see you soon at Guatemala City.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

What can I say about Barceló other than they set the standards for all other hotels to follow. I chose the Barceló in Guatemala City due to the fact that I am a member of the hotel chain, and they have again proven to me why they are one of the leading hotel chains around the world. I checked in already knowing the room type I wanted (smoking with a balcony).
The Barceló bus was there waiting for me at the airport.
My room was to initially be on the 9th floor but due to the fact the rooms was not ready the front office asked me if I wanted to look at a room on the 6th floor.
I did and stepped out on the balcony to see the hustle and bustle of the city street below and the mountains in the distance. Needless to say I chose the room and was entirely satisfied.
For those who complained about the traffic/noise I find it hard to believe especially since I'm I light sleeper.
I had to catch a chicken bus early the next day so I never did get to try the breakfast buffet.
As an added note, there are plenty of restaurants in the area (walking distance wise such as McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut if you are into that)
Everyone at the hotel from the concierge, to front line staff made my stay enjoyable for the night I was there.
Thanks again Barceló.
Jeff

Room Tip: I preferred a smoking room with a balcony overlooking the main thorough fair rather than the back side of the hotel overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our service, location and staff. Its always motivating receive such appreciations from our guest. This will help us to keep our high service standards. Hope to see you soon in Guatemala.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Arrived late evening as part of a small organised group tour. A large city centre hotel which had a well laid out reception and the staff were quick to check us all in. Our room was well laid out, clean, well equipped, great beds and a very good bathroom with lots of those little extras you need when you haven't time to unpack properly. Check out was also efficient and they helped to repair a broken suitcase. Only 8 hours so obviously not a comprehensive insight but I was impressed. We only had the 'packed breakfast' which was average so cannot really comment on the real thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
BarceloManager, Gerente at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing the experience of staying at our hotel. We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations.
We hope to see you soon at Barceló Guatemala City Hotel in a longer stay to enjoy all the hotel services.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My Fiancé and I had the please of staying at the Barceló Guatemala City in January and March of 2014. From the moment we arrived it was clear to us that we were going to be taken care of like kings. The staff was always helpful, even when not asked. They could sense a need for help and jumped right in. Nothing we asked for ever left us feeling like we were putting anyone out, actually we always felt like they were patiently waiting for us to make a request. We enjoyed the dinner and breakfast buffet and we overwhelmed with the selection and quality of the food. Staff constantly cleaning the buffet area making for some great meals. Being from Orlando Florida, were we to find a similar hotel and staff, the cost would be at least $250-$300 a night. Our weekend stay in March with meals did not cost $250. And we had a great room with balcony overlooking the pool. Definitely the place to stay and we will again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marcjd21

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our service and for sharing your experience in Barceló Guatemala City Hotel, its always motivating to receive such appreciations from our guest. This will help us to keep our high service standards.
We hope to see you really soon.
Best regards,