“Wonderful Stay”

Barcelo Guatemala City
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the swimming pool is yummy, it has a jacuzzi at the swimming pool and also a private one inside at the lady´s locker, it has a gym with Yoga and dance lessons, a steam room. The service was fantastic!! I had the worst nightmare, my purse got lost at the taxi cab arriving from the airport and the service at the hotel helped me to locate it, and 5 minutes later the cab driver returned it to me with nothing missing! thanks to the prompt service at the hotel, specially Rolando the bag guy. If you ever need a taxi cab at the hotel ask for Jose Esquivel, he took me to Antigua and treated me as if I was in a tourist guide gropu he knows everything and is so very helpful and nice!! I had really an awsome time in Guatemala at the Barcelo. The Hard Rock Cafe is 100 mtrs from the hotel ;)

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and plenty of toiletries.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
BarceloManager, Channel Manager at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of staying at our hotel. We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations.

We hope to see you soon at Barceló Guatemala City to enjoy all the hotel services.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel before, during and after our tour of Central America. Great rooms, great breakfasts each morning, gorgeous decor, and loved the shops on site. Very safe hotel with guards outside always. Very close to airport! Only bad point is the cost of the Wi-fi! Good news is that McDonald's next door is free, but not as convenient as using Wi-fi in your own room!

Room Tip: We were in 3 different rooms on 3 different floors, and none was any better than the other. They al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our service and facilities. Your comments will help us to keep improving our service standards. In order to exceed all your expectations in future stays.

We hope to see you soon in Barceló Guatemala City Hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dear Sirs,

I am your guest every month (for two nights) without exception. your hotel and your services are excellent. But I have 3 issues in your hotel for which I need you to please pay attention :

1. Last two years I have always come once a month from Los Angeles and arrive in your hotel Thursdays early morning (Delta flight # 457). Although your roll for check-in is standard, but I have no choice to check in early morning. I usually call two days ahead of my arrival and request for early check in but most of the time they don't have room available for early check in. I stay for couple hours until a room is available for me.

2. I reserve my room(s) with breakfast included. Unfortunately they do not allow me to use my free breakfast for the first day, although I tel them that I am going to leave hotel on Saturday very early morning at 5:00 or 6:00 AM (my flight to Los Angeles is very early morning) and I do not take my breakfast at that time.

3. As I mentioned above, I am your permanent guest for last tow years, but I never received any promotion or special discount on the rates to use.

Thank you for your attention.

Mohammad Mokhtare
mokhtare1@gmail.com

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammad M

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at the Barceló for business while I was attending a conference at the nearby Camino Real. The hotel is very clean, very pretty, and very secure. The staff are very professional, courteous, and always greeted me enthusiastically and courteously in person and on the phone. The rooms are perhaps a little bit dated (especially the bathroom), but not in a tired way, and they are pristinely clean. Room service was fast and very well-priced, and the TV had a great selection, and internet was fast (and included in my price!). I didn't make use of the ammenities, but they also seemed quite nice.

My one complaint about the hotel would be location. The area surrounding the hotel is by no means, bad, but is less exciting and has fewer options than the nearby Zona Viva. Granted that neighborhood is essentially a two block walk away (including across a 10-lane boulevard that is poorly lit at night), so this isn't the end of the world. But given the city's crime, it's necessary to take a ($5) cab ride back at night. Therefore, staying in the Zona Viva might be more convenient. But this really is a great hotel - especially for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We hope to see you soon in Barceló Guatemala City Hotel.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Elegant hotel in the bustling commercial district. It is all that you would expect from a five-star hotel. Upon entering the hotel you see a large vase of beautiful flowers in a very spacious lobby. The check-in staff spoke English and were very courteous and patient. The pool is sparkling clean, as is the jacuzzi. There are locker rooms where you can put on your bathing suit. The exercise room can help you work off the delicious buffet breakfast that you ate at the hotel. The buffet has a lot of familiar things to eat, including sausage, but you can also have some local favorites, such as
melon and papaya juice and plantains. If you want fast food, you can go to McDonalds next door or cross the street and go to Pizza Hut or KFC. I'm sure there must be more in the area, but the traffic was just too scary for me. They drive like maniacs and there is no crossing light. The room has a very firm bed and the TV is mounted on the wall. You can get American TV as well as the local channels. There are a lot of large, fluffy pillows. The towels in the bathroom are as big as I am.

The only cons to this place was the airplane noise and the crazy traffic and my feeling of a lack of safety when crossing the street.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We spend 2 nights and it was worth all the money.. Great rooms we had a junior suite with excellent beds and pillows.. make me realize how bad are mine.. Pool, jacuzzi at 0600 steaming on the guatemalan blue sky a treat.. and walking distance (safe to walk) to Zona Viva where we went to discover the new Hard Rock Cafe..

Room Tip: If you want to have a great view ask to be located in the aisle facing south where you will have the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've lived here for two years and delt with many hotels due to my job. I would recommend this hotel as a best overall hotel. it is a former Marriott and it shows by the quality of the staff and the beauty of the hotel. I would definately stay here again. I got a 2-floor hotel room for my family of 6. rates can't be beat! The only problem is that it is on the wrong side of the street for all the restaurants. However, they have excellent restaurants inside and are close to a McDonalds and Pizza Hut.

Room Tip: Try to get access to the executive lounge - you won't need to buy breakfst lunch or dinner due t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family