“In Guatemala City, Barcelo is the place to stayed!”

Barcelo Guatemala City
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

First time in Guatemala City, once we arrived to the airport. Barcelo has a free shuttle to the hotel. It's less that 7 minute ride to the hotel, really close to the airport. Hotel has a great personnel, facilities, and good Buffett breakfasts.

• Stayed: September 2012
BarceloManager, Channel Manager at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of staying at our hotel. We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations.

We hope to see you soon at Barceló Guatemala City to enjoy all the hotel services.

Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had spent the previous 2 weeks at Tikal, lake Atilan and surfing at el Paradon, so to finish my trip here was wonderful. the beds were excellent, the pool/hot tub was gorgeous and the included breakfast buffet was the best meal I had in Guatemala. I loved the many amenities, the cleanliness and helpful friendly staff. English was spoken by most, which made it much easier for me. I paid $120 for my brother and I, all taxes and breakfast buffet included, and got this price at the front desk. Some of the web booking places are cheaper, but do not include the breakfast buffet as a result. They were close to the airport, and had a free shuttle as well. It was a perfect end to a great trip.

Room Tip: the top floor rooms are best,they have an interesting view of the city ect. and there are some room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank michaelonmyown
BarceloManager, Director Comercial at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our service and staff. Its always motivating receive such appreciations from our guest. This will helpfull to us to keep our high service standards. Hope to see you soon in Guatemala.
Best regards

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have travelled in and around LA for over 25 years on business and always stayed at the Marriott, now Barcelo with a very positive experience in GUA. I have brought my wife and kids on different weekends to visit Antigua and Tikal and we always had this hotel as our base.
Upon my late check-in on 7 September 12, I was very unhappy at the lack of appreciation given to a frequent quest. The issue was the "wireless internet". On all my previous stays, this was comped, but not this time. I asked them to check my previous many stays, then wanted to talk to a supervisor, then a manager. Still no luck.
I guess this hotel will lose my business over a $10/day charge and i will move a few blocks away next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
BarceloManager, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Guest,
In Barcelo Guatemala City hotel we make a great effort to fullfil our customers expectations. We are very sorry that during your stay you have suffered some shortcomings.
Your review will help us to improve our service standards.
We hope to see you at our hotel again so we can offer our quality services beyond your expectations.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for a week for a business trip, and it had everything to make my stay very comfortable.
Great central Location
Breakfast is delicious and very complete
Staff is very friendly and accommodating
Gym and Swimming are top quality, and it was very nice to be able to come back to enjoy after a work day.
Souvenir store in the hotel was convenient as I never have time to go shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I booked one night at the Intercontinental based on reviews here. I was dissatisfied - the pool was terrible (extremely hot and low water), the room had broken AC, and slow service.
My flight the next day was cancelled and the airline put my family at the Barcelo. It is the old Marriott. The rooms are same as the intercontinental but the pool area is great as is the restaurant. Their hotel shuttle starts at 4am (intercontinental st 7). A very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

we stayed here with my entire family. it was a good chain hotel. many people liked it for its modern conveniences. the pool and pool area was very nice. The food was decent, but very pricey.
we had a total of 10 rooms, and they had us all over the place. i found it hard to believe they couldn't get them all on the same floor at least.
overall it was decent. you could probably do better or even worse.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our service and share your experience in Barceló Guatemala City Hotel, its always motivating to receive such appreciations from our guests. This will help us to keep our high service standards.
We hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I just wanted to have, a relaxing and good time waiking up at midnight leaking water from the ceiling come on. I'M at the fourth floor! How can it happened. Don't ask me. So at 1:15 guess what?. We are moving to a different room on our way I lost few things. Water came from light socket ball. So still don't have an apology. From Mr.Villatoro he is to busy to talk to gusted. Not Good.I saw him at the breakfast restaurant but to busy. Hasta la vista Barcelo..

• Stayed: August 2012
BarceloManager, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused. We have carefully inspected the room you were staying because, as you mentioned, it was on the 4th floor so there was no reason for water leaking into the ceiling. Once again, we do apologize for the incident and for having you move to a different room. We do hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in your next visit to Guatemala City.

Our kindes reagrds,