The Westin Camino Real Guatemala
$106
Hotels.com
$114
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Guatemala City(Guatemala City)
$119
$75
$118
$101
Clarion Suites Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$98
$120
$86
  • Breakfast included
Casa Veranda Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$95
$80
  • Restaurant
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
$94
Dai Nonni Hotel(Guatemala City)
$64
All reviewsheavenly bedel cafetalfront desk managernice hotelexecutive floorfree weightssteam roommain restaurantroom servicethe club loungegreat gymother hotelshotel restaurantsafe areamini barbottled waterbusiness trip
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I believe is THE best hotel in Guatemala City, the personnel is very helpful knowledgeable and kind always willing to help and guide the guest.
Internet connection is free at the lobby but slow and weak,
The buffet are splendid, breakfast, lunch as well as dinner .There is a wide variety, and the price is reasonable.
The restaurant inside the Hotel is called Giuseppe Verdi, in my opinion was overpriced.
Acros the street there is another high scale restaurant called Carpaccio, and was excellent, with the prices according to the plates... were reasonable

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gisela V
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest!!

We are very glad to receive this kind of comments about our hotel; we really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Every detail you mentioned in your comment were share with our team and we are very glad to know how was your experience.

We hope to see you soon again in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my second time back at the Westin Camino Real in Guatemala City, and having stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Guatemala City as well, I would say the Westin Camino real is the "real" deal. Don't think I'd ever go back to the Crowne Plaza.

The hotel is incredibly beautiful, 5-10 minutes from the airport. Where if you feel up for it, it is safe enough to take a taxi in my opinion. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service for your return flights as early as 4:10AM (or earlier) in the morning. The rooms are very nice. The daily breakfast buffet and selection are fantastic. The workout facility is probably one of the best I've stayed at out of any hotel I've traveled to for work. There is a huge gym with every piece of equipment imaginable, there is a spin/cycling room, workout balls, jump ropes, free weights, tennis courts, a beautiful outdoor pool, spa and so much more. The staff are very friendly at every corner. Their english is also excellent. I would add though, it would be nice to get a complimentary bottle of water in the room once a day because you obviously shouldn't be drinking, brushing your teeth with, etc. the water. I would have to make every-other-day trips to local corner stores to stock up on water because the water in the room is pricey.

The only negative I would say is the WIFI in the rooms. Registration and access is taxing to say the least. I registered for 5 days of use upon arrival. You create a username and password, yet every night you come back to the room and the 24 hour period expires you try and use the username and password you established - and it doesn't work. I would have to recreate an account, reauthorize my room and of course I was double billed (but corrected upon checkout). Someone should look into this issue for sure because I am sure it is wide-spread.

Q: So, would I stay again?
A: Definitely "yes."

I was very happy with the experience, the staff, the accomodations, etc. - but please fix the issues with the WIFI and consider one bottle of water per day. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest!!

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board as it always motivating to receive such appreciation form our guests.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

For a family that travels a great deal, this hotel exceeded our expectations and especially its customer service. The building may be somewhat old, but it has aged gracefully and has beautiful areas like the lobby. (The Old World decor is contrast to, for example, the Camino Real in Mexico City with its bold, ultramodern colors and design.) Our room was in a very good condition, with a pleasant view of Zone 10's other hotels. The area is safe by Guatemala City standards and features many restaurant and bar options. Somehow we were upgraded to a room that offered us a special breakfast in a smaller lounge on the upper floors, again with a view to enjoy.
During our short stay, we were all too happy to stay on premises because Camino Real has a good selection of restaurants and services. For example, the onsite travel agency help us with a reservation in Antigua, which had been a challenge because of a special event in the town. All staff members ranging from housekeeping to front desk and in between were courteous and professional. Customer service was smooth and impeccable. Although Camino Real is known as a business oriented hotel, even our 13-year-old enjoyed the stay so much that she was sad to leave. She received wonderful attention when ordering pastries or browsing in the gift shop. It would not surprise us if she returned to this hotel as a grown-up...We would not mind returning either if we we were to visit Guatemala again. We did not have enough time to relax at the pool area, which looked quite attractive. The spa and fitness facilities appeared to be quite good, too. Other than a business destination, this Camino Real could be a mini vacation for someone who wants to pamper him/herself or someone special.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. It´s a pleasant received such amazing comments which help us to keep our high service standard. Your compliments are really a positive stroke and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Very truly yours,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to spend two nights for business in the Westin in Guatemala City. The hotel is very nice, but showing some signs of wear. For example the carpet in my room had several stains.

However, that said, the staff was wonderful, the room was comfortable and the restaurants were very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest!!

Thank you for a great comment it always motivating to receive such appreciation from our guests, this help us to keep our high service standard. It is very important to know how was your stay.

Again thank you very much and we hope to see you again in Westin Camino Real Guatemala.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I would not stay anywhere else in Guatemala City...I've tried others and this is by far a great hotel. Very professional staff and accommodations ,loved the breakfast...This hotel has a real gym, the ones locals have memberships and go, I used the spinning bikes, very moderns ( not the crappy ones)....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Miguel G
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear guest,