The Westin Camino Real Guatemala
$196
$134
$115
$106
Clarion Suites Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$98
$114
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$92
$81
$118
$101
Barcelo Guatemala City(Guatemala City)
$119
$75
$120
$86
  • Breakfast included
Casa Veranda Guatemala(Guatemala City)
$95
$80
  • Restaurant
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
$97
$94
All reviewsheavenly bedel cafetalfront desk managernice hotelexecutive floorfree weightssteam roommain restaurantroom servicethe club loungegreat gymother hotelshotel restaurantsafe areamini barbottled waterbusiness trip
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently spent Holy Week at the Westin Camino Real. When I am in Guatemala City this is the only place I would stay. When I got to the airport the free shuttle was waiting for me, once you arrive at the hotel the doormen will take your luggage to the front desk for you and from there to your room. I have stayed there several times before and am always greeted by name. This time I had a room on the 5th floor which was recently renovated. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a cabinet holding the flat screen tv, there's a rack for your suitcase, a desk with a chair and a side table with a chair as well as end tables on either side of the bed. You may read other reviews in which they mention the showers being open, in the remodeled bathroom there is a shower door so no problems with a wet floor and it's a wonderful rainfall shower head with an optional wand (see my photo). There is free internet access in the lobby and I had no connections problems. The lobby has new furniture since my last visit in November and is comfortable to sit in. The bottled water at the hotel cost $2.75 but if you exit the hotel and walk along the street to the left and go to the corner and cross the street just pass the Taco Inn there is a Super24 market where you can buy bottled water as well as other beverages including alcohol as well as snacks and various other items. It's completely safe in Zone 10. There are other shops and restaurants within walking distance. When I had checked out and was going to get the shuttle to the airport it had apparently just left so the front desk actually called the driver to come back around to get me so I didn't have to wait for the next shuttle. It was the other passengers on the shuttle who told me this.. As with many hotels it's the staff that seem to make a great difference. My thanks go out to Christian Mayen, the front desk manager, to Don Cesar, the hospitality manager who never fails to greet me when I am there and also to Jose Carlos at the front desk and especially to Ariel (Estuardo) for always having a smile, joke and kind word for me and tolerating my frequent requests. The next time I am in Guatemala City I can't imagine staying anyplace else.

Room Tip: IF you are going to Guatemala for Holy Week you will find that on Good Friday almost everything (shops, restaurants, banks etc) will be closed. You may find a few restaurants open but I would advise you inquire in advance, even my favorite Chinese place was closed. Perhaps eating at your hotel or another hotel would be a good option. There are processions in Antigua and in Zone 1 which are magnificent but if you don't feel like crowds or a lot of traffic there is a church not far from the hotel: Our Lady of Guadalupe. They do a procession on Friday and a children's procession on Saturday. This is my 2nd year going there and I find myself the only North American there. I feel as though I am seeing the "true Guatemala" and not just what is presented for tourists.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest!!

Thank you for a great comment it always motivating to receive such appreciation from our guests, this help us to keep our high service standard. We really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board as it always motivating to receive such appreciation form our guests.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our 2 night stay at the Camino Real Westin was up to the expected international Westin standards. Our double room was comfortable and quiet and the staff was efficient and helpful. The free shuttle to the airport was nice to have as was the in-hotel ATM machine. The location is good to access all the Zona 10 options and not far from the public transit bus to Zona 1. For non-Spanish speakers, the staff speaks English. The taxi drivers all refer to the hotel as the Camino Real.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. It´s a pleasant received nice comments which help us to keep our high service standard. Your compliments are really a positive stroke and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is really nice and comfortable hotel with the free airport transportation. It worth to pay extra for the breakfast on the top floor for elegant service and nice view.
I wish concierges were less aggressive to obtain the tip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Ximena R, Manager at The Westin Camino Real Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. We are very glad to receive this kind of comments about our hotel; we really appreciate a positive stroke that pushes us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I will take the liberty to put your comment in our info staff board.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel provides excellent service, ample rooms and fine dining. After traveling through the country side of Guatemala, this was a comforting place to spend a week. You will find shopping malls, restaurants and other interesting areas at walking distance. The service was number one, the food was excellent, and the shops within the hotel offer high quality merchandise at good prices. Nice pool and gym facilities. If you are going to the convention center, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at high floors offer a good view of Guatemala city.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rooms modern clean. Comfortable bed. A bit noisy with the city below. Staff was friendly. However, they made an error charging my credit card after the room had already been paid by our travel company.

Room Tip: Higher floors farther away from city noise. Probably quieter with a room on the back facing the pool.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review from our hotel. It´s a pleasant received such amazing comments which help us to keep our high service standard. Your compliments are really a positive stroke and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Very truly yours,