“Perfect for business traveler”

Clarion Suites Guatemala
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Guatemala City
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great location, outstanding staff, solid restaurant and bar, big room/suite, safe/secure neighborhood. What more can I say except I not normally inclined to stay at an "average" chain hotel outside of USA but Clarion Suites was great, even after four nights, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ClarionSuites, Revenue Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay.

Hope to see you soon.

Revenue Manager

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites Guatemala

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We arrived in Guatemala city March 30 and spent one night at the Radisson, which was lovely. We then moved to the Clarion suites in the same district a few blocks away for a week. The room was decent, a small suite on the 4th floor. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food, although there are a number of very nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The staff at the business center was nearly incompetent. We were twice directed to museums that were closed , one we walked to which took 3 hours round trip and the other we took a cab to and wasted 20 dollars doing that. After the first museum was closed we asked the staff to phone the second one so we wouldn't go for nothing and we were advised that no one answered the phone at the museum but because it was Semana Santa they were sure it was so so busy they couldn't get to the phone and this is why no one answered, of course this was not the case and they were closed when we arrived. The next day we took one of the hotel cabs to the area where you catch a bus to Antigua and he dropped us off at the wrong bus station and we had to walk to the correct one, through a not so nice part of town mind you. Lastly on the morning we left we asked for a shuttle and they told us the first shuttle was at 5am and to be downstairs ten minutes before. we came down with our luggage, turned in our key and waited and waited , finally at ten after 5 I asked about the shuttle, and the gentleman at the front desk said, oh there is no shuttle until 7am!! they sent us to the airport in a cab at their expense but I wonder how long we would have sat there!! the staff at this hotel is just useless !! they can apologize real nice but thats about it!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionSuites, Assistant Manager at Clarion Suites Guatemala, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Guest:

We thank you for sharing your comments about your stay, as this helps us to improve and take action where it corresponds.

We send our most since appologize for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay. We talked with our personnel about this situation and the bad miss information that was handled.

We would like to have your contact information. I will appreciate if you can contact me directly to my email address at sgerencia@clarionguatemala.com, as we would like to reimburse the payment that you made for taxi's services.

Once again accept our appologies, and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

After spending two weeks in a more modest hotel in Antigua that was situated on top of the Mono Loco and therefore really, really noisy, the Clarion Suites was a dream. Besides the quiet, it is well situated with surrounding restaurants and the rooms are large and well decorated. It was the best night's rest I had in weeks. And for the price it was quite a find. I definitely plan to return next year and have stayed at both the Barcelo and Radisson. I found both really nice but for the price, the Clarion Suites takes the cake.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your opinion to Tripadvisor readers.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and also that you are coming back.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here while on business on the 15 floor , I must say that the room looks fantastic however when booking your room request a room with a firm mattress. There isn't much going on in the hotel the bar thats located in the hotel is typically empty. If your intent is to mix and mingle avoid this place at all cost

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay in our hotel.

We have taken notes about your comments as this helps us to improve and take action where it corresponds.

Our mattress provides independent back support while conforming to your body’s unique shape, but they are not firm (pediatric) matress.

We thank you once again for your comment, and hope in the near future see you.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Great place to stay. My husband lived there for several months due to buisness. Very clean. Safe to use their water for brushing teeth etc.
Front staff speak English. In a safe area in downtown Guatemala City
and in walking distance to many excellent restaurants (besides having one in the hotel).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel went above and beyond to meet my expectations. It is right where all the shopping and dining is, according to my customer it is one of the safest places to stay in Guatemala. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are roomy and quite. Very comfortable bed, extra clean bathroom and bathrobes.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I checked into this hotel for my first day and a week later my last day in Guatemala. This hotel is definitely one of the better that I have stayed in. Front desk staff were exceptionally professional and they spoke English quite well (my Spanish being mediocre). Nazerethi was definitely a star. The concierges were most helpful with directions and recommendations. The room itself was one of the best ones that I had stayed in. I had rooms on the 15th and 12th floors respectively and the view was fantastic. The rooms were 2 room suites with everything a traveller could ask for. Only issues was that you could hear the music from the clubs on the street but I never travel without ear plugs so it wasn't an issue. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an upper scale hotel in Guatemala City. I never tried the restaurant but the bar had fantastic staff (Valeria) and great atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo