See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2015

This place is great. When you arrive it throws you off but once you get situated it is awesome. Never new Guatemala had such affordable and comfortable places that make you feel at home with family because the personnel is very attentive and friendly. This place offers great breakfast and warm showers. They also have a taxi driver that will take you where you need to go and bring you back when you are ready even picks you up from the airport the minute you arrive don't have to be waiting for him to get there. There's so much to explore if you like to take walks. enjoyed the stay in the private suite they offer and definitely will be coming back for my next trip. Always someone new to meet at the Coperacha.

Room tip: The private suite is excellent but if you are a Wi-Fi addict stay in the other rooms because it does not reach upstairs.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2015 via mobile

Great little hostel in a quiet location. Easy walking distance to the Centre of the city. Rooms are basic tidy and clean. Shared facilities also tidy and clean. Hosts are very friendly and helpful. Place felt safe and secure.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MF_NZ
Reviewed December 16, 2014

During my time in Guatemala I've stayed 3 times at La Coperacha. I like the place very much. The prices are fair and the included breakfast is very good. Lucien, the manager, is always their to help you with organising your trip and gives you great advise. Thanks again.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2014 via mobile

We booked room for 4 people for 40Usd/night. Breakfast is included. There is a kitchen, so you can cook your own meal. Supermarket is 3 minutes by walk. Room was clean and shared bathroom as well. And the manager-Lucien is awesome. He helped us with trips to Antigua, Flores and so on. Highly recommended

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked my boyfriend and I a room here, as the prices were great and the pictures look lovely. Coperacha lives up to it- the rooms are spacious and well priced, though a bit dark as most hostels are. The gardens and lounging areas are colorful and comfortable, well decorated and cute. The breakfast was delicious as well!
I felt bad that we left a day earlier than planned, and here's why: Coperacha is in Zona 2, which is the totally opposite side of town as the airport, malls, modern day stuff in GC. While we did enjoy walking to the Presidential Square and seeing the local mercados close to Coperacha, we were really in the city because we needed to buy me a new keyboard for my iPad, fix some cell phone stuff, and visit a doctor...ALL of those things are on the other side of town, and it was not logical for us to stay so far away, so we left for Quetzalroo (please see my review of them- crazy expensive for what you get, and Coperacha is a much better value if you can handle the location).

Recommended if you are in GC to do some touring and/or are bussing in and out through a company that has its hub/office in Zona 1. Do some research ahead of time on those logistics, and if it makes sense for you, stay here! Great value and lovely, clean place.

Room tip: The rooms on the street are bigger, but may have morning noise.
Date of stay: July 2014