TripAdvisor
Guatemala City
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Very cheap private double ($10) and the nicest people. Arranged a ride for me from the airport, shared drinks with us, made delicious homemade breakfast in the morning, and even walked me to the phone shop and helped me set up a phone plan.

Its a quirky and funky spot, but they really care about their guests and I would definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The owner is quirky but awesome. Our bus arrived early into Guatemala city and he let us in at 5:30 in the morning. We were served breakfast with the best eggs we’ve ever eaten and we were in our room by 7 am. Our room was spacious, quiet, and clean with a much needed mosquito net. The bathrooms were clean and had hot water.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank brent_hall11
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good hostel. Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff! Lucien, the manager makes you feel very welcome. Good breakfast! Patio to stay relaxed on the hammacks. Location near the historic center and the local market. Recommended!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Aleksandra_Wanda
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The good - Very charming interior. Very good sized rooms. Clean. Decent showers although the toilets need to be refurbished - particularly the seats.
The bad - Difficult to find due to the way Guate does it's addresses and the fact that there is no sign on he building. Location is not great in the north of the city with little (safe) public transport around. Also, a guest told me he was mugged the previous day in the nearby plaza. No en suite bathrooms. The middle-aged manager woke me up in the morning to say that my room was reserved for that day even though I'd said to someone else the previous day that I would be staying for 2 nights. (The manager of Quetzalroo told me this guy has a drink problem and there are often complaints about the way he runs things - I didn't get the chance to experience any other problems as I checked out straight away)
The privates are 10 US dollars a night which is good for the city but I guess is reflected in the location - and service from the manager

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Good and safe place in the middle of Guate City. Big rooms, showers, toilets, good breakfast. Relax and chill possibilities. Right now i'm hanging around in the hammock and writing this rating full relaxed. :) once i will be back here again!

Date of stay: October 2013