“Definitely recommend!”

Cuisines: Guatemalan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our Frommer's book recommended this place so we thought we'd give it a try. It's off the beaten path a little, so don't go too late at night, but it's close enough to the main square that you can walk. I'd recommend this place for a late lunch/early dinner. The food was great - our waiter was great at giving some ideas on what traditional food to eat and he spoke English. Our favorite was the pepian! The patrons are of higher class I think and it feels like a safe haven in a busy place. Great ambiance, beautifully decorated. We also got to talking to the patrons at the table next to us, so enjoyed a conversation in very broken Spanish with them. They were very curious about us and America.

There are newer reviews for Arrin Cuan

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very simple, clean place with tradittional local food. Ideal location of good restaurants, not at the main street or square, but very close to the Cathedral and the Market Square. It was a surprise for me, that monday 11.30 am it was full of local inhabitants. Just few tourists. Nice food, traditional life music, rush waiters, familiar atmosphera.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

A welcome dinner from my relatives, in a nice simple environment. Very tasty food at very affordable prices. The historical downtown of
Guatemala city is changing, and this place is another good reason to go visit. Parking space was difficult and the old ideas of " non safety" downtown really have now no fundament. Street front is very well illuminated and private security from the restaurant watched over our cars. Suggest to try Kak Ik.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I ate here twice in my two week stay in Guatemala. I enjoyed a series of different appetizers both times. They make the best tacos, they are stuffed with meat (or other selections), then rolled and deep fried. I also enjoyed enchiladas which were simply round crispy tortillas covered with their local (blander) cheese and fried beats!

Both times, a band was there so live entertainment seems to be a regular thing Thursdays onwards.

A must try if you want affordable, typical Guatemalan food with excellent service. Beware of Zone 1, calling a cab before you are finished your meal might be a good idea.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a Guatemala city institution: very popular with the locals. Food is served in an attractive courtyard and is traditional cuisine from Coban, service is very good. a marimba, guitar, percussion ensemble play 1 to 3 pm daily and on friday evenings. a must visit venue in Guatemala city. Note that it is very common in Latin America for waiters to ask for the tip to be separate from the credit card bill. I know of several places where the owners (sometimes rich gringos) pocket all the tips for themselves. I don't know if this restaurant does that or not.