“Awesome Trip!”

$68.99*
Antigua City Tour from Guatemala City
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Guatemala City
More attraction details
Owner description: Guatemalan Adventure is a Tour Operator dedicated to exclusive travel in Guatemala. Since 2005, our company specializes in providing from standard to luxury Guatemala Tours and Tour Packages for individuals, couples, families and groups. Our specific goals are that our guests feel and travel safe in Guatemala, enjoy their vacations and learn about Guatemalan Culture, Nature, Archaeology and Mayan Civilization.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We booked an 11-day custom-made tour package through Guatemalan Adventure based on all the good reviews from Tripadvisor. The tour was well organized by Eva Veliz, our travel consultant from Guatemalan Adventure. Before I booked the tour, I was worried about the safety in the country, but Eva let us know that client's safety is always their No. 1 priority and their clients haven't had any problem during their tours. She told me that Guatemala can offer us unique and unforgettable experience without taking risks. She was right. We have been to many places in the world and I would say Guatemala is one of the most beautiful countries we ever visited. I really love the color of their land - green. Everywhere is so green. Our guide Michael Angelo really took good care of us and showed us the beautiful Guatemala. We visited Lake Atitlan and two of the beautiful villages, Chichicastenango, Antigua, Coban, Semuc Champey, and Tikal. Michael Angelo guided us all the way until Tikal. He is very knowledgeable about the history of Guatemala and he also has a very kind heart towards others. He is also a very good driver. There are a lot of potholes and speed bumps (a lot of them are unmarked) along almost all the roads, but luckily we had Michael Angelo who were able to handle EACH of those very well! We enjoyed our visit at each places. People we met were all nice. I went to see sunrise and sunset everyday at Lake Atitlan. It was so beautiful, especially the sunset. We visited a few big and small Indian Markets and you can find everything you can think of and cannot think of there. I really loved their hand crafts (could not buy enough home). Semuc Champey is very beautiful, but it is hard to get there. To fully enjoy the natural swimming pool and the dense forest around it, you need to stay overnight there. Standing on top of the Mayan temples and overlooking the rainforest in Tikal is absolutely a life time experience. Finally, I need to mention about the hotels arranged by Guatemalan Adventure. Each of the hotels are so unique and beautiful settings. They either look like a garden or a park. Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo Panajachel just face Lake Atitlan and you can enjoy sunset from the patio. Really love the garden in Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo Antigua. The hotel is just right at the main street. The Park Hotel in Coban even has a small zoo in there. In Hotel Camino Real Tikal, you can feed fish and turtle at Lake Peten. The Hotel also offer a free boat tour at Lake Peten on weekends. The staff from Hotel Camino Real Tikal are also super nice and food is excellent! Cannot say enough good things. We really had a good time during our trip.

2  Thank wenc12

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I picked Guatemala Adventure out of the many operators based on reviews from Tripadvisor. The administrator I dealt with via email and phone was helpful and prompt, so I had high hopes for the tour in Tikal - but it was not to be.
Our driver from Antigua was great, but things went downhill from there. The TAG flight to Flores was fine, but we had a 1+ hour wait once we landed to wait for other people in the tour to arrive/be corralled on 2 buses. I was told it would be 10-15 people on the English speaking tour, it was actually 30-40, plus our guide picked up a few more from the park.
The tour was really disorganized, due to the massive # of people unevenly split between Spanish and English speakers, several of us were on the bus with the Spanish guide, which meant we had no idea for 1.5 hrs what he was talking about.
It only got marginally better once we were reunited with the English tour, our guide's English was fine, but it was difficult to keep such a large group together and move at the scheduled pace, so towards the end we were really rushed and had very little time at the monuments.
We did not get to lunch until 3pm, and since we did not understand the Spanish guide, our lunch orders were not taken in advance like the others - the restaurant requires a 3 hr heads-up. We also had no free time at the park post lunch due to all the delays.
Overall, a disappointing tour deserving of 2.5 stars, I rounded up due to good customer service from the admin.

1  Thank qls200
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this day tour. 2 small planes from a one gate airport, buses, guides and lunch and it was all quite good! Our guide, Henry, was knowledgeable and helpful and the lunch was awesome. Cute little grill with lots of choices. Tikal is a world class site with ruins, history, mystery and lots of animals. We saw foxes (they said nothing) and coatis and howler monkeys. Walking on muddy paths was a downside but it was worth it. We were surprised by how natural the park was, much like a USA state park with lots of trails and outhouses.

1  Thank Bbchen
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked tours with different tour companies, and I had a wonderful experience with all of them. I scheduled the Chichicastenango & Lake Atitlan day tour with Guatemalan Adventure. The tour guide, Armando, arrived on time to pick us up from our hotel in Antigua. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. The tour was interesting, and I really enjoyed shopping in Chichicastenango and learning about the various communities we drove through.

1  Thank FuzzyEars11
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I traveled alone, and since I had to change planes in Panama, I lost my flight, therefore missed the tour. However, they were very helpful to accomodate me in the next flight and had the opprotunity to travel to Tikal. Everyone was so helpful and on time. Very recommended.