The folks at the hostel are friendly enough and the place is quite clean, but there are a few things I did not appreciate:
1. The mattress was extremely soft, I woke up with a backache
2. The breakfast included is very small: 2 pieces of toast, a very small amount of fruit, and a cup of coffee or tea. Good homemade jam, though!
3. They do not provide a bath towel: you have to pay USD$1
4. You have to walk through other peoples' room (the dorm room) in order to get to the private room
5. Although they say the shuttle to and from the airport is included, I really don't appreciate the pressure of huge signs everywhere that say "tip our driver" or "tip our staff", seems tacky to me
6. There are no signs outside or even inside, so if you are not coming with their shuttle, it is hard to find.
7. Manuel was so insistent about offering his tours many times, even though we said we were not interested
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Quetzalroo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quetzalroo Guatemala/Guatemala City