“Soo Amazing..;-) my place in Guatemala” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quetzalroo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guatemala City
Quetzalroo
You added Quetzalroo to your Saves list
Miami, Florida, United States
“Soo Amazing..;-) my place in Guatemala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

QuetzalRoo,is much more than a hostel, I felt like my place in Guatemala, I had great time there, their staff is on service 100%, very friendly and very kind, besides they are very organized, and clean, their VAN is ready to take you on excursion to have fun, I had a really great experience, location is very central, safe, and comfortable, their customer service is more than that, they become your friends, always provide suggestions about where to go / where to visit according to your interest, they really care, and I learned a lot about their culture, Thank you Quetzalroo
Congratulations Manuel for your hostal

now I feel that I have to go to guatemala soon. I highly recommend to everyone

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I payed to much and got:
Stuff stolen
Mosquto bites
Bad sleep from staff talking loudly in phone at night and listning to loud music in the morning(both could be heard very well in the dorm)
Inappriatly touched
Feeling of strees and discomfort
A shower turning cold in the middel of it

All a disapointing ending to Guatamala.

Wish a choose somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank hwot
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Quetzalroo turned a pit stop in Guatemala City into a total trip highlight! I can't say enough about this hostel and would recommend it to everyone. The hostel was clean, centrally located, safe, etc but the total highlight was the staff and the atmosphere. The owner, Manuel, really goes above and beyond to make every traveler feel comfortable and introduces them to each other - it fosters a great environment at the hostel. This is especially great for the solo travelers. He also really makes an extra and genuine effort to help each guest with their trip and introduce them to Guatemala City. In my experience, I went on the morning tour - then he took me to a museum and an university to speak with local students about current events in Guatemala. At the end of the day, he invited a bunch of us to come with him to a private party in the city - not a guaranteed aspect of Quetzelroo's service but definitely gives you an idea of how above and beyond the owner and his family and staff go for their guests. It's amazing - I learned a ton about the city and really enjoyed this hostel! Don't stay anywhere else :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristen S
St Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

In April 2013 I had to travel to Guatemala City on fairly short notice as relates to research I do for my job. Out of respect for funding and budgets, I opted to stay at a hostel as opposed to a more expensive hotel. Nonetheless, from past experience, I was fairly loathe to be a part of the hospital / backpacker scene, but the location of Quetzalroo was absolutely perfect, in zona 10 directly across the street from my mentor's office (so in the end I decided to go against my better judgment of avoid the hostel scene).
Not only did I have a productive trip, Quetzalroo more or less turned my fairly negative opinion of the hostel culture on its head while allowing me to be well rested, well fed and happy for a number of meetings. This place is a bargain and the people working there are absolute gems.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a great time here. Such a welcoming place run by a family and makes every guest feel apart of the family. It can seem chaotic at times because they are always busy and packed, but that lends to the wonderful atmosphere of the place. The staff and owners are so helpful and knowledgeable about getting around Guate. They are so hospitable as well. I was craving a snack and they provided one! I felt like I was visiting the fun home of friends. Area is safe. Rooms (private and dorm) are fine. Bathrooms too. The homemade jam provided at breakfast is great! Love the rooftop area as well. Driver will pick/drop you off wherever you need. Would definitely recommend this place. If you are coming to Guatemala City, you have to come here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I arrived at night to Guatemala City during Easter to packed hotels. Manuel and Marco welcomed me into their beautiful hostel despite their lack of space. They gave me a couch, a home-made dinner, good company and a ride to my bus in the morning, all for 100 quetzales (13 USD). I am so grateful! I will return. Thank you Quetzalroo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jess L
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

the hostal calls itself a travel hub. And that´s so totally true!!
they pick you up / bring you to and from the airport and you can organize many trips starting from there.
We arrived very late at night in Gautemala City (at a time you don´t feel very secure there). It was no issue to call them and they were there after 5 minutes!
Manuel (the owner/manger?) is very friendly, speaks perfect english and a good host.
But the best was the homemade bread for breakfast and "yummy mummy" - the fruit jams of his mother which they offer every morning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple