“Nice comfortable place near Airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dos Lunas Airport Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dos Lunas Airport Hotel
Ranked #2 of 52 Guatemala City B&B and Inns
Columbus, Indiana
“Nice comfortable place near Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Dos Lunas for 2 nights, a night on our arrival and another night before our departure from Guatemala City. Lorena is a great host and we had a good time chatting with her. The B&B is located at a 10 minutes drive from the airport in a private community. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in the room rate. The rooms are clean and breakfast is included in the package. You can order dinner separately and we enjoyed the pasta we ordered one night. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rolling Meadows, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night in March. We arrived late at about 8pm and were greeted by the owner. She was very friendly and funny. The location is awesome with it being so close to the airport. The free transportation to the airport is great (it starts at 4:30 am). It is a very safe area and the rooms are spacious and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank burger77
Banff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had two 6am flights so I stayed here for two nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of my trip. My emails were responded to with relative quickness and the bookings were made easily. The big selling point of this place is the location close to the airport and the free and friendly Victor ride to and from. For a Guatemalan standard budget accom, I found the sheets whiter and the general cleanliness higher than usual. Lorena is a knowledgeable and brilliant host. I'd like to note that it took me 45 minutes to walk from the Zoo/Aritsan market/Archeology museum area of the city to this gated community property after I arrived early on my last day in Guatemala. Otherwise, I saw nothing else of the city. The walk was past the airport, fairly direct and enjoyable. Lorena gave me the recommendation of a 'Guatemalan upmarket' steakhouse in the artisan market which supplied me with the best yet worth it $$$ lunch I had in the country. It was called Don Emiliano's. I would stay here again if I ever had early airport requirements in Guate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sekaitraveller
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I work with a group of 13 students and we were looking for a new place to stay for their first night of 6 months in Guatemala. Lorena was wonderful with our group and made sure that everyone was comfortable and had what they needed. She even helped us order pizza and got us a discount which saved us a lot of money. Victor, who helped us pick up the 13 people at the airport all day and night was just great. He knew what he was doing, was incredibly organized and on top of things. Hank (Lorena's husband) was also helpful, although sometimes while trying to help he made things a little more complicated than they needed to be. The breakfast was incredible and it truly was a relaxed first evening for everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here one night prior to an early flight. It's very comfortable, clean, and convenient. I ate dinner there too, which was good. My taxi driver had a hard time finding it, so be prepared with the address. I had a bedroom near the office area. There are bedrooms/dorms upstairs which might be quieter when other guests are arriving late or departing early.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Lorena is the owner of this unique little establishment which is just minutes from the airport. We stayed here at the start and end of our trip and it was just perfect. Lorena made everything so easy. She facilitated whatever we needed; airport pick ups, transports, luggage storage, you name it, she did it. Not big and fancy mind you, but clean warm and wonderful. The breakfast and dinners was great too! And I have to give a shout out to Victor who is the person who picked us up and dropped us off a few times at the airport. The nicest man alive. It is also nice to know that there is a nice safe place to lay your head in Guatemala City on your way to wherever you are going.

Anita G.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We chose this hotel as we were only in Guatamala City for the night. Victor was to pick us up but he was not there with the sign. No problem. When you exit the airport lots taxi drivers and one called Victor. Of course paid $1 tip to the taxi driver, well worth it. Victor came 10 min later.
The hotel rooms are small, clean, but in need of lots of refreshing. The beds were fine but old. Bathroom had hot water. Breakfast was small but adaquate. A good safe hotel for a quick stopover.

Room Tip: I don't think it makes a difference. A room without a bathroom would be fine as it is close and...