“A Great Place to Stay”

Dai Nonni Hotel
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This wonderful B&B is an oasis among the hustle and bustle of Guatemala City. The rooms are very large, comfortable, clean and no bugs! The staff will treat you like family. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
California
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Dai Nonni offers everything I hope for in a hotel: it is clean, comfortable, quiet, affordable and in an excellent location!! I felt safe and totally comfortable. Also, the staff is friendly and attentive. Our room was spacious, with a high ceiling, large closet, desk, and plenty of space to move around in; beds firm. The bathroom was sparkling with a deep tile tub, hot shower, plenty of counter space. Wifi with strong signal even in the room. There are dining areas both inside and in a covered patio-garden out back. The coffee is excellent. We were offered dinner - a delicious Guatemalan plato típico - and we were totally glad that we decided to "eat in". Vilma was patient and helpful with our many questions about how to get around the city, and we discovered that a 2-block walk put us right on the main boulevard dividing zones 9 and 10: thus it was a perfect location from which to go out exploring on foot. The staff arranged for our early-morning transport to the airport and we were there within 15 minutes tops. I recommend the Dai Nonni without reservation and I can say that we will certainly stay there again whenever we have the chance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Dai Nonni for just over a month, doing archival research in Guatemala City. The location in Zona 13 is close to the airport and only a 15 minute taxi ride (roughly $5) into Zona 1. Zona 13 is very safe and slightly residential.

My room was extremely clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The bathroom was spotless. My room was separated from the main house and included a mini fridge and microwave, giving me more privacy and self-sufficiency on a long stay. I believe it's the only room (out of 7) with the fridge and microwave, but there is a communal microwave for all guests in the kitchen area. The entire hotel is equipped with wifi and it's pretty fast and they also have a computer for guests to use if you don't have your own. I needed to use their printer a few times, which they allowed, but I don't think they technically offer a business center. There's a fax machine on site that they'd probably let you use if you ask them. There's TV with plenty of channels and a safe in each room.

Comfortable lounging spots and an open air dining room overlook a beautifully kept garden. The hotel is steps from many restaurants, but most are fast food. If you want to head to Zona 10 for fancy eating, it's minutes away by cab. Breakfast is included, with 2 options, both of which are very tasty. They also offer dinner for $5. The nightly menu was always different, always good, and always had more food than I could eat.

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Couldn't have asked for more.

Because I was staying for over a month, I got a discounted rate on my room that was even lower than the rates list on their website. Definitely email to ask for prices. In fact, I paid less for this place than I would have for a private room in a not-terrible youth hostel in Zona 1 without any of the extras like wifi, breakfast, or a safe. Again, that's because I was here for a month. If you're only in town for a week or less, it'll be more expensive, but still very much worth the price.

The only drawback was that the neighbourhood gets very noisy on Friday and Saturday nights. I think the hotel is close to a nightclub. It didn't go on too long into the evening, and perhaps it was only loud because my room was in the back and not the main house.

I will definitely be coming back for another extended stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 7 if you want the mini fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank StrangeLight
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The young lady operating this little inn couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, despite some language barriers. Breakfast in the courtyard was very pleasant. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Convenient to the airport. On Sundays, you can walk in the nearby avenue, which is closed to traffic, along with hundreds of locals.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MACventurous
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Dai Nonni Hotel is in a large single story contemporary residential structure which has been tastefully modified to provide a few very spacious guest rooms and public rooms. The ambiance of the hotel retains the intimacy and the qualities of a tasteful, simply, but very nicely appointed home. The small staff is itself like a family, dedicated to insuring the comfort and well being of their guests. At every moment I felt that the staff was caring for my needs as if I was a guest in their home, but at no time was this intrusive. Breakfast in the outdoor garden is a special treat. The location is on a quiet side street, but there are several nice, modestly-priced restaurants nearby within comfortable walking distance. Being a guest in Dai Nonni was like being in a quiet, safe, clean and comfortable home away from home. I'm so happy I found Dai Nonni and it will be my home whenever I am in Guatemala City.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cmandley
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We selected this hotel because we were looking for clean, comfortable and cozy hotels during our trip that were typical Guatemalan in style and personality. Dai Nonni (a home converted to a hotel or B&B) did not disappoint. I set up everything online and communications were prompt and professional. We arrived somewhat late and were greeted at the gate and everything went well from there.

Management of the hotel is excellent and professional with spotlessly clean rooms and thoughtful arrangement of common spaces for relaxing, web surfing, cooking your own food, etc.. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Styling is elegant as is the breakfast. There is a nearby park and shopping center.

I rated "sleep quality" 3 out of 5 stars because proximity to the airport (which is what we wanted) made the takeoffs and landings somewhat loud. However, I wear earplugs when staying in hotels in Latin America so it was not a problem for me. Also, the beds were a bit hard but not terribly uncomfortable.

All-in-all, a great choice and we would gladly return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clemshirlee
Grecia, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We arrived late at night, after dark, and had a little trouble finding the place in our rental car, but when we did we were welcomed in, and went right to bed. The hosts were accommodating. The Internet worked great. Breakfast was excellent, and so was the price. We'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family