“Perfect sevice”
Review of Hotel Chalet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chichicastenango
Hotel Chalet
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
“Perfect sevice”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had forgotten my telephone in the room, I noticed it when I get back at the end of the day at night. I sent a message to Lucia, the owner. I received an answer 5 minutes later. The next Day The owners send it back to me Without charging anything. They are very helpfull And Nice. Of course I recommend this hôtel very simple and pleasent. Ni wifi but 2 computers can be used for free with good connexion.

Room Tip: Our room was very clear at the First flot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank floadam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This little place was a great find, and we are so glad we stayed there for 4 nights,, because it is a very good value for your money. We were able to explore the market for 2 days, and then walk home and recoup. Manuel, the owner, couldn't have been nicer. He seemed to know everyone in town, and walked us to different restaurants to be sure we didn't get lost. He served a hearty breakfast each morning for an additional $3, which was an excellent value considering that he baked the bread himself each day! The room had a nice big window and we could look out at the mountain, or we could climb up to the rooftop terrace and enjoy more of the view. Manuel also took us on several side trips, including one to a Mayan ruin and worship site, where we all explored the caves together. We also went to Solola, and our next stop, Panajachel. We highly recommend Hotel Chalet.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DonnaandCraig
Lyon, France
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The owners are adorable, the rooms are cutes and very clean, the flat roof full of flowers, the breakfast is chapin, and internet works perfectly.
The owners helped me and were really available to my demands ! Plus, the city is really beautiful, small but beautiful ! The Hotel stands in a quiet street, 2 mn walking from the central place of Chichicastenango.
What else should we ask for ?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FelicienD
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We booked a room in this hotel, but didn't arrive due to a sudden change of schedule. We hadn't notified the owners, so they had every right (and means) to charge us, but they hadn't. As a result, i can't comment on the hotel itself, but the owners are very decent people.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GalShadeck
Paris
Reviewed February 17, 2012

the owner is very friendly but money comes first. He asked me to bring a box of scent for him and he told me he would pay up to 40 euros but when I came with the box which cost him 24. Far from grateful etc. He charged me 34 dollars for the top room. Yes it was comfortable and clean - no heating . Breakfast was offered but on seeing the very dirty kitchen I refused this and friends who came to collect me found the toilette equally dirty. Bottom line I would not recommend this hotel. Far the worse I stayed in in Guatemala and almost the most expensive.

Room Tip: I would not stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WidgeParis
Germany
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We enjoyed spending New Year´s Eve in this hotel, staying five nights in total, in a double with private bathroom.
The following are the advantages of this place:
- very nice and helpful owners who also speak some English
- warm water in the shower for real (due to the height Chichi may sometimes get a little cold)
- very nice view from the rooftop terrace (watched the fireworks from there)
- comfortable beds
- we were allowed to use the kitchen including fridge
- quiet part of the town but still close to the center (and market)
- the room price was negotiable as we were staying a couple of nights.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with an excellent view over the valley, but they are a bit pricier.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rajchi
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were here for one night on December 20, 2011, just before the last day of the huge Santo Tomas festival.( I believe that was the name of the holiday). Another hotel that was a few blocks away and full, recommended the Hotel Chalet to us. We needed four rooms for our two families that were travelling together. The owner, Manuel, greeted us at the door with so much enthusiasm and friendliness that I immediately felt good about the hotel. Later, both that night and the next morning, Manuel physically walked quite a number of blocks with us around town to show us several good restaurants close by. They turned out to be charming little places that we would have had a hard time finding on our own. The hotel rooms were pretty small. Just a little bigger than the beds themselves, with a few end tables to set your things on. But the rooms and bathroom were very clean with plenty of towels, and even a few little freebies. We had an end room right by the street, so we were expecting it to be rather noisy. Being a light sleeper I took a sleeping pill, and slept great. But some of the rest of our group did complain about dogs barking. I'm not sure if there are any hotels in this town that wouldn't be at least a little noisy however. Overall, our Hotel Chalet experience was part of a very pleasant memory of fascinating Chichicastenango.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Momallboys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chichicastenango
Hotel Museo Mayan Inn
#3 of 4 in Solola
Hotel Rey K"ich"e
Hotel Rey K"ich"e
#2 of 3 in Santa Cruz del Quiche

Been to Hotel Chalet? Share your experiences!