“What a Nightmare!!”

Knights Inn Americus
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed December 30, 2006

This motel was a filthy, nasty falling down dump. I cut my vacation short and got out of there as quickly as I got in. I have a lot of experience with roadside motels and have never, ever been exposed to such filthiness. I told the manager that I thought I must have picked the drug addicts local hangout and he actually admitted to me that this location did not attract the most desireable clientele and that they did have a major problem with drug users camping out there. I knew it, I could tell by the condition and the smell and I believed him because only a crackhead would be able to stay in such a dirty, trashy environment. There were dangerous electrical problems, showers that don't shower and tubs that don't drain all squished into a teeny tiny bathroom that was no cleaner than a public roadside toilet. There was a musty, mildewy smell with a dirty refrigerator and a filthy dirty a/c unit. I turned two white pair of socks black, black, black in a matter of two hours of being inside the room. This dump needs to be shut down. I told my husband, who was staying at hunting camp 10 miles away that if I stayed there too long I would probably come home with something more than just an allergy attack (crabs perhaps). That's when we decided that cancelling the reservations would be the best idea. We did get a refund, but it was only because I threatened to call the health department, the fire department, the building inspection office, the code enforcement office and the Chamber of Commerce. This experience was a stressful nightmare and I would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy. The pictures on the web are very misleading. I was put in two different rooms and offered to move into a third room, but I declined and asked them why they didn't put me in a nice room to begin with and when I got no plausible answer I packed my car and left instead.

Unless you are a dirty, filthy drug user, this place will not be acceptable to you! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JunkLady

Travelers also viewed these Americus hotels
Quality Inn Americus
Quality Inn Americus
#3 of 7 in Americus
#4 of 7 in Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Hampton Inn Americus
Hampton Inn Americus
#2 of 7 in Americus

Been to Knights Inn Americus? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Americus

Address: 1007 Martin Luther King, Americus, GA 31709
Location: United States > Georgia > Americus
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Price Range: $53 - $55 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Americus 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Knights Inn Americus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.