“Hampton Inn management and staff feedback”

Hampton Inn Americus
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed December 21, 2010

While in Americus earlier this month I misplaced my rental car keys. I originally thought I had locked the keys in the car. I asked the front desk if anyoone had turned in a set of car keys and no one had. The staff immediately began looking in the parking lot, in the lobby and stairs. Management then requested the maintenance staff to provide a flashlight so we could look in the vehicle to see if we could see the keys. The maintenance staff began assisting in the search. I was extremely impressed with the assistance provided by management and staff. Keys were found and I was extremely grateful for the help everyone provided. If you are in Americus, GA I can recommend you stay at the Hampton Inn as they go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Miss Pat also provides a great breakfast and warm conservation.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ksherrill

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed here with husband because it was convenient to the places we were touring. It what we usually find at Hampton Inn-very clean, comfortable beds, good breakfast buffet. The attendant at the buffet was a little too quick to take our plates-we weren't quite done, but otherwise all good. I don't know how I booked a room with only a shower and no tub, but from now on I'll be careful about that as my husband HAS to have a bath! Thanks for the internet center--the kids have our laptops at school. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katiedog84
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Spent Saturday night here with spouse before going to see Jimmy Carter in Plains the next day.

Check in staff was efficient, but not too enthusiastic.

Room was very nice with upscsle counters and bath, single-cup coffee, and a full set of amenities: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash. Have since stayed at four more Hamptons that haven't had mouthwash.

Breakfast area was very nice and spacious with a nice selection of items including fruit (orange, pineapple, melon).

Located just off highway but was very quiet and us also near an excellent Mexican Restaurant (Hacienda).

Would stay here again!

Reviewed March 2, 2010

The Hampton Inn in Americus is the best option in town. Of the chain hotels, I believe it is the only hotel with interior hallways, and it was renovated within the last couple of years. The rooms are on the small side, but the bathrooms are quite nice and it is otherwise a good, standard chain hotel with the typical Hampton Inn features of free breakfast, business center, etc. The staff is a little slow on the uptake and noise carries very easily throughout, but overall it is a good place to stay in town.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I am not in the habit of checking reviews of Hamptons before booking because I have never been disappointed--until now. First, it's way overpriced. Second, the queen rooms are small with no place to sit except at the desk. Room lighting was poor. The shower head (no tub) was old and clogged. There was a nice HBO program guide in the room, but the HBO channel was Signature--totally different programs from what was in the guide. When I called it to the manager's attention, she seemed mildly unconcerned but offered to check with the cable company. It was never corrected. The printer in the business center needed a new cartridge and printed heavy black lines. On the bright side, high speed internet service and breakfast were quite good.

I'll be exploring other options if I have occasion to return to Americus.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I'd like to say first that I stayed in a premium room. There was no hot water in the shower, no bathroom lighting, hair in the shower and all along the head of the bed platform between the mattress/platform bed against the wall. This is a smoke free room however there was a cigarette butt on the floor. These are just some of the issues.

I left a scathing customer service card however I had to call and follow up with manager who didn't seem to care and followed up my issues with "what would you like me to do ?".

I contacted Hampton Inn's corporate office and reported issues as well.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Empirical2
Reviewed May 2, 2009

The Hampton Inn was an excellent choice for our stay in Americus, GA. Of the chain hotels/motels, it is one of the few in Americus that has an interior corridor which is often key to a quiet night's sleep. Our king room was clean, attractive, and roomy. The bed was most comfortable, providing a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean, and the sink was in an attractive vanity outside the shower/toilet area which is very handy when two people are getting ready for the day at the same time. The room had a nice desk and task chair. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a little more space for a good relaxing chair.

As for amenities, the room had a good quality TV as well as a refrigerator and microwave. The hot breakfast was excellent with all the choices that I have come to expect of a Hampton Inn stay. The business center just has one PC, so you really do have to respect the time limit to accomodate other guests. The fitness room was adequate with 3 like-new exercise machines and a TV. I did not check out the pool. The hotel offers internet access, but I did not use it.

We did pay more to stay at Hampton Inn than we would have paid at some of the other local hotel chains, but the room and breakfast were worth the price we paid with AAA or AARP discount. The staff were friendly and helpful. The free cookies in the late afternoon/evening were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Montezuma
The Jewell of Vienna B&B

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!